GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

When will 2010 GL be available & help on MB financing frequency

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
When will 2010 GL be available & help on MB financing frequency

I am (was?) very close to pulling the trigger on a 2009 GL450 now that the COMAND and Nav has been vastly improved (held me back when I was considering an '08 last year).

Now that the 2010 GL pics have been released at the NY Auto Show, I'm really leaning towards holding off as I think the facelift they made on the front end is a step forward to improving the modern look that the GL needed. Just wondering if any has a more specific idea as to when these will be available as all I can find out is "this summer".

Also - does anyone have any history on how often specials like the 1.9% APR come along? This was what really pushed me to shop again on the '09 model ... is this pretty rare that the GL has a financing offer and would it be unreasonable to think that some type of similar incentive will be avialable on the 2010 when they roll off the line? Or will MB not offer incentives because it's an "updated" model that should not require any special incentives.

Any insight from experts or dealers is appreciated. I've been waiting 12 months to pull the trigger and looks like I might be waiting another 6 months - but it'll all be worth it!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Franman
Just wondering if any has a more specific idea as to when these will be available as all I can find out is "this summer".
Considering the state of the automotive industry, I'm not too shocked that's the best answer they've given you. I bet it's the best answer anyone has.

Originally Posted by Franman
is this pretty rare that the GL has a financing offer and would it be unreasonable to think that some type of similar incentive will be avialable on the 2010 when they roll off the line? Or will MB not offer incentives because it's an "updated" model that should not require any special incentives.
Unless the industry improves vastly between now and then, there's sure to be something - however small - of an incentive on the GL. Your first problem is that you'll want the 2010 model when there are 2009's still on the lot, so they'll have you there. Your second problem is wanting a 320, which is a vehicle not asked for as much (nor apparantly produced as much), though somehow that makes it more desireable. It is second in line behind the 550 when it comes to how much harder it is to fenagle, but not by a lot.

Good luck with your search, and let us know when you see the first aught-10s!

STP
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GL450
I was at the NY Auto Show this past weekend and asked them when the 2010's will be in showrooms and was given a specific date of August 5th. When I asked a different rep. on a different floor of the show they gave me a general answer of sometime in September.

Not sure how many people are aware on this site but you can also get a discount on any model MB depending if you work for a company that has a partnership with MB. Here's the website to check if the company you work for applies for a discount, www.mbusafleet.com
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 gl550
2010 GL great~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM

2009 GL550
I heard back from MB as well and they told me "August" - so at least that's better than "later this summer"
Old 04-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
Originally Posted by NY GL450
I was at the NY Auto Show this past weekend and asked them when the 2010's will be in showrooms and was given a specific date of August 5th. When I asked a different rep. on a different floor of the show they gave me a general answer of sometime in September.

Not sure how many people are aware on this site but you can also get a discount on any model MB depending if you work for a company that has a partnership with MB. Here's the website to check if the company you work for applies for a discount, www.mbusafleet.com

Its not that cut and dry, certain companies have agreements regardless of what type of employee you i.e you could be the janitor and receive the discount. There is maybe 100 companies that are signed up for this program. Its called the Fleet Employee program.

The other program which thousands of companies are signed up for is the EAB which is executive allowance. This means that some of your compensation is derived from a car allowance. This must be verified with H&R or through a paystub. They have buckled down on this as of recently. Most of the big companies are signed up. Citibank,Deloitte, Deutche Bank, Home Depot and so on.

In addition any company that has 13 cars registered in the company name, these can be trucks, vans or anything with four wheels can enroll in the program and receive the discount but the same guidlines apply with the EAB.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM

2009 GL550
wont be updating you when I buy my '10 GL. Decided to buy an '09 550 - couldnt resist the 1.9% APR. 99 miles and 3 days later, not regretting the decision!