GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Pricing for 2009 Mercedes-Benz GL320 BlueTEC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
Thanks for the review of the LX Stevethepilot. It's a great vehicle and nice to have a former owner's perspective. My personal issue with the LX was that I was looking for a suv with a MSRP of no more than $70,000. The LX, according to Edmunds, typically equipped is just over $80,000. Too rich for my blood. Also, I agree that if the primary use is off road, the LX would definitely be the vehicle to have. I love the ride my GL gets on the freeway. To me, MB has found the perfect combination of ride comfort and cornering ability for a large vehicle. Plus, my wife thinks it has a comfortable ride which really is all that matters! I hear a lot of people comment that they think the ride is floaty. My issue with floaty has always been that cars that exhibit that trait have too much body roll when cornering. I just don't feel that at all in the GL and certainly wouldn't want a harsher ride when driving cross country with three kids and my wife. Sure, it doesn't corner like a 911, but that isn't a legitimate comparison.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by 43221B
My issue with floaty has always been that cars that exhibit that trait have too much body roll when cornering. I just don't feel that at all in the GL and certainly wouldn't want a harsher ride when driving cross country with three kids and my wife. Sure, it doesn't corner like a 911, but that isn't a legitimate comparison.
Of course it doesn't corner like a 911! I agree completely, anything that weighs as much as a GL will have to have some body lean in the corners, unless you're either willing to take an amazingly harsh ride in the straightaways or you've discovered how to buy Mr. Bose's suspension. I think the GL's got a great balance. And it tucks down nicely at ... shall we say, "upper" highway speeds?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Odyssey
What dealer will do this?

Originally Posted by zoink
MSRP - $20K???

So taking out rebates, you're looking at $4K under invoice?
If you don't qualify for fleet rebates (which I believe the dealer would say that to your face), you're looking at $6K under invoice?

That's a little stretch and requires a lot of luck, IMO.

What I think reasonable is $1-2K under invoice + $10K rebate... so $11-12K under invoice or $15-16K under MSRP --- $69K MSRP for $53-54K.

If you're OK w/ this price, I think I may be able to get you one at that price (assuming the dealer has the car). Just let me know and I'll check w/ my salesman.

Where are you located, BTW?

Either way, I feel lucky I didn't spend $49K for an '08 (almost ). Otherwise, I would've kicked myself already

I am looking for a GL320 with nav and rear. What dealer will sell it as this price. We are almost ready to the pull the trigger on a 2008 with 10k miles. We are in Western NC.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM

09 GL320 BTC; 07 BMW 335i
Originally Posted by mbuch65650
I am looking for a GL320 with nav and rear. What dealer will sell it as this price. We are almost ready to the pull the trigger on a 2008 with 10k miles. We are in Western NC.
Thanks
We are in NorthWest, 2 weeks ago, the dealer has confirmed they sold out all 09 320s. It's even getting harder to find one nation wide now.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by rayleiwu
We are in NorthWest, 2 weeks ago, the dealer has confirmed they sold out all 09 320s. It's even getting harder to find one nation wide now.
Schumacher European Mercedes Benz in Scottsdale did say they were all out of 09 320's, though they did have a 450 that was nicely equipped. I think it was the same color scheme as mine - black with mac.

STP
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM

'09 GL 320 BTC; '08 BMW 528xi
Late to the Party I Know...

I got wind of the $10K discount by pure luck as I was on Edmunds pricing a GL 320 and then I saw the TMV and the discount. So I immediately called my local dealer on 8/5 and on 8/6 I bought a Black/Black GL 320 Blutec with the following options:

P1
Illuminated Sills
Trailer Hitch
Rear Entertainment System

The MSRP was just shy of $70K and I got it for $54,500. This is obviously not as great a deal as compared to others but I am happy with it. I was told that I was buying the last GL 320 at the dealership where I purchased.

Last edited by realfan; 08-19-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:12 PM

I have been trying to locate on here in California but no luck.

Please let me know, or PM me, if you run into one.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM

gl 320 bluetec
New Mercedes GL320 Bluetec Bad Transmission Problem

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed driving my GL320 bluetec for 8 months... we purchased it in Jan 2009. It has been a pleasure to drive. Last week, while driving a full carload of children, my car wouldn't speed up while trying to merge into freeway traffic (it wouldn't go past 35 mph). We were "rescued" by police, who had to run sirens to slow traffic to get me off of the freeway. This experience was horrible, very scary and we are blessed to be safe. My car has been at the dealer now for over a week, and they say it will take an additional 2 weeks to get a new transmission from Mercedes in Germany (we are in San Francisco bay area). A few questions for members of this forum: Any transmission problems? Why can't they get the parts for this in the US where I am assuming we have some Mercedes production? Should I be considering "lemon law" options and seek a refund (we bought the car outright)? To be honest, all I want is a working car that I can drive safely for many years. I'm just afraid that something like this might happen again. Any advice welcome.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
First I've heard of a car requiring a new transmission complete. Yes, the vehicles ARE assembled in the US - Alabama - from parts made all over the world. The Alabama factory only has JUST ENOUGH parts and pieces to make the cars on their production schedule - no extra transmissions to ship to San Francisco.
All the previous transmission problems I've heard about have been fixed by the dealer installing a new 'valve body' or by electronically re programing. Sorry for your bad luck.

PS: This subject might have gotten more attention if it were placed in a new thread.
Good luck
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM

Honda Odyssey
Locating a 09 GL 320 bluetec

Originally Posted by avarose
Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed driving my GL320 bluetec for 8 months... we purchased it in Jan 2009. It has been a pleasure to drive. Last week, while driving a full carload of children, my car wouldn't speed up while trying to merge into freeway traffic (it wouldn't go past 35 mph). We were "rescued" by police, who had to run sirens to slow traffic to get me off of the freeway. This experience was horrible, very scary and we are blessed to be safe. My car has been at the dealer now for over a week, and they say it will take an additional 2 weeks to get a new transmission from Mercedes in Germany (we are in San Francisco bay area). A few questions for members of this forum: Any transmission problems? Why can't they get the parts for this in the US where I am assuming we have some Mercedes production? Should I be considering "lemon law" options and seek a refund (we bought the car outright)? To be honest, all I want is a working car that I can drive safely for many years. I'm just afraid that something like this might happen again. Any advice welcome.

Good Luck, I have had many dealers trying to find. There are none left. You might try to find one of the launch models. If you do the dealer will not have the 10k rebate to put into it. Their is a dealer in Atlanta that has 2 white 320's left but he wants about 61 for them. If you that is what you are looking for I think he is Mercedes of South Atlanta. The cars are 09 white with P1, rear seat ent, hitch with tan interior.
I came to the conclusion that I didnt want a car with the adblue nor the run flats. Tomorrow I am picking a CPO 2008 model.