GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

new car due bill question..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 500
new car due bill question..

i'd like to get some opinions from others about the situation below.

recently i just purchased a 09 gl550 new with 20 miles and negoitated into the sale the dealership giving me the all weather floor liners for all 3 rows.

they said they didn't have any in stock, so they needed to issue a due bill.

it says on the bill "all weather floor mats"

tried going their today to have the parts dept order them, but was told i would only be getting the first and 2nd row liners, and that i would have to pay for the 3rd row.

general mgr wasn't there so i told them i'd come back when he was available.

so what do you guys think of my chances of getting all 3 rows? or do you think i'm stuck with free first and 2nd rows, and out of pocket for the 3rd row?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
If I remember right the 3rd row all weather mats were like $40. If your dealer is going to **** somebody off over a $40 set of mats they are real *****s. I would definitely talk to the GM. I think your chances of getting the mats for free are pretty good as long as you are willing to elevate your matter up the food chain.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 500
Originally Posted by BeanCounter
If I remember right the 3rd row all weather mats were like $40. If your dealer is going to **** somebody off over a $40 set of mats they are real *****s. I would definitely talk to the GM. I think your chances of getting the mats for free are pretty good as long as you are willing to elevate your matter up the food chain.
do all gl come with carpet floor mats for all three rows ?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by vinceching
recently i just purchased a 09 gl550 new with 20 miles and negoitated into the sale the dealership giving me the all weather floor liners for all 3 rows.
tried going their today to have the parts dept order them, but was told i would only be getting the first and 2nd row liners, and that i would have to pay for the 3rd row.
In Arizona, you haven't received your car until they've fulfilled the bill, including any extra "parts." Meaning you can say, "well, go ahead and keep the truck, I'll take my business elsewhere" if they try to screw you on any part of the merchandise delivery in the contract. It's not an easy thing to do but if you make them think it' would be for you ... it's a major pain in the *** for the dealership and certainly not worth $40 - hell, if it was $2,000 it's not worth it on a truck that expensive! Just make sure you're willing to go through with it if you threaten.

STP
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
do all gl come with carpet floor mats for all three rows ?
I have an 09 GL320 and it only came with the 1st and 2nd row carpeted mats. I wouldn't mind others chiming in on this. Just a little odd that MB would skimp on something like that. My 1st and 2nd row were in a sealed plastic bag. Can you even buy 3rd row carpet mats?