GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

07 GL450 Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
07 GL450 Transmission Problem

Hello Everyone, I'd like to know if anyone of you had problem with your GL's tranny. My GL's tranny is making noise especially when switching gear from P to D. But dealer told me that's normal and showed me with another GL, it did make same sound. But my questions, even while I am driving, when speed changing cause gear changing, I still can hear the noise. Dealer said that's also normal. Could you pls tell me if you can hear the noise while driving? I don't know how to describe it sounds like but it is exactly same noise when changing from P to D.

Thanks a lot!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI
Originally Posted by dyyzff
Hello Everyone, I'd like to know if anyone of you had problem with your GL's tranny. My GL's tranny is making noise especially when switching gear from P to D. But dealer told me that's normal and showed me with another GL, it did make same sound. But my questions, even while I am driving, when speed changing cause gear changing, I still can hear the noise. Dealer said that's also normal. Could you pls tell me if you can hear the noise while driving? I don't know how to describe it sounds like but it is exactly same noise when changing from P to D.

Thanks a lot!
I hear a slight "scrunching" noise when the tranny downshifts, particularly from 2nd to 1st. There have been other threads and almost everyone hears that sound when shifting into park.