Car seat protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
Car seat protection

Afternoon,

We are new proud owners of a 07 GL450 blk/blk and couldn't be happier. We have a 7 month old who will be hauled around the G in her car seat, and wanted to find out what everyone is doing to protect their seats from child seat damage. During my search, i ran into a couple of Gs with wear on the seats, enough to steer me away from the sale. Thanks and look forward to chatting with everyone.

-Vinny
Old 07-21-2010, 04:39 PM

GL500
We have two seats (one baby, one booster) and there was a cover you could order (not from MB) that goes under the baby seat -- its a black vinyl. Wife ordered it from First Steps (?) but said they are readiliy available from many baby equipment places. I'd be more concerned with the flying food and milk -- absolutely no respect given to the back seat of my vehicle.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts
600 SWB
My nephew has a rigid fabric and rubber tray which goes under his car seat. Prevents leaving any indentations or wear on the leather (and I have the softer exclusive leather on my CL600). It also catches liquids and crumbs.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:19 PM

'12 ML350
We have the Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Seat Savers for both of our cars...so that's 4 in total (!).

You can find them at lots of retailers like Toys R Us or Buy Buy Baby, which is where we got ours.

They have at least 2 color choices: tan and black.

Just make sure to get the 2-Stage model as it has a detachable back panel when you change the car seat from backward facing to front facing later. These are pretty big and still fit under our 4 year old's Britax Frontier 85 harness booster seat hybrid.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
I go the cheap (yet effective) route and bought the rubbery-mesh drawer liner that you can buy at Target. I even found a good tan color to match my interior, place it under all contact points between the car seat and my interior seat & headrest-works like a charm to absorb the impact and avoids leaving creases in my leather. I originally bought a product made to protect this (an Eddie Bauer car seat protector) and I found that it led to a lot of "sliding" on my car seat which I didnt feel was safe.

I also bought a set of car seat back protectors to keep the little feet from rubbing their grimey muddy shoes all over the back of my drivers seats. see link below:

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalo...tegoryId=86245
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM

2007 GL450, 2006 Porsche 911, 2004 VROD
Originally Posted by rkao
We have the Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Seat Savers for both of our cars...so that's 4 in total (!).

You can find them at lots of retailers like Toys R Us or Buy Buy Baby, which is where we got ours.

They have at least 2 color choices: tan and black.

Just make sure to get the 2-Stage model as it has a detachable back panel when you change the car seat from backward facing to front facing later. These are pretty big and still fit under our 4 year old's Britax Frontier 85 harness booster seat hybrid.
i too have this in my GL, it protect the seats very nicely. Great product, i definitely recommend this.