GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

GL Rear Seat Entertainment - HELP PLEASE with headphone set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
GL Rear Seat Entertainment - HELP PLEASE with headphone set up

We recently purchased a GL 450 with the rear seat entertainment system. If you have this system, you know that it adds a rear seat dvd player in addition to the DVD player in the front console COMMAND center. I am able to put a DVD in the rear player and play it through the headphones for my children. However I cannot figure out how (or if it is even possible) to play a DVD from the front Console through the headphone. I can play a DVD from the front and it shows on the rear screens, but the volume is played across the radio speakers. I would love to be able to put a bunch of DVDs in the front console but have the volume ONLY play through the headphones for the kids so that my wife and I can listen to something else. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it? The manual did not address it at all. Any help is much appreciated as we have a long road trip tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
The model year and whether this was the factory option are important considerations. From what I've read elsewhere on this forum, it can be different for different years.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI Black/Black
Hate to say this, but the manual is very good at showing the multiple media options and how they run with each other. Mine does not run a DVD from the front, as Steve said - each year is a bit different.