Can You Believe It?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Can You Believe It?

I was washing the car today and decided to take off the front license plate so I could thoroughly clean the bumper. I never asked the dealer to put on a license plate in front in the first place nor have I ever removed it. When I removed the bracket for the first time in 35,000 miles, I noticed a HUGE ding in the bumper underneath the license plate holder, especially on the metal skid plate. Obviously, the license plate was a cover up for the ding in the front of the car! It's not caused by the license plate being there since the screws were kind of loose and it's not smack in the middle, it's a little off to the side. Should I complain or what? I can't believe the dealer would sell me a damaged car like that!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
I had a dime size paint chip missing from a door handle that I didn't notice until I got home...I paid for a new door handle. I didn't even bother asking.

In your case though, I would put it back on and drive to the dealership and ask the salesman to take off your license plate holder. Ask him how the ding got there if there is no damage to your plate holder. Good luck though.

FYI, I switched servicing dealerships a while ago in part because of how I saw employees driving their customer's cars around in the shop. Routinely they would pull up in the service bays within inches of other car's bumpers. And it wasn't like they would pull up slowly. Who would drive someone else's car like that? I can't stand taking my cars to the dealership.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
GL 320cdi, Chevrolet Avalanchero, GLE 350 (on order)
"Mom's Taxi" and "God is my Co-pilot" are popular choices. I doubt they will do anything now.