Quality Concerns - HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Quality Concerns - HELP!

The dealer changed my front brakes and now, whenever I brake, I feel the brake pedal pulse and vibrate unless I push it down all the way. This was always the case, but only on inclines. Now, even on flat roads, the brake quivers and vibrates whenever I step slightly on the pedal. Any ideas?

Also, is the dealer supposed to replace oxidizing running boards? I asked him what the spots were on the running board and says its normal...I want them replaced under the corrosion warranty.

Lastly, has anyone had any AC problems? MY AC on full blast isn't what it used to be. Whenever I turn on the car in high heat and turn the AC on, it blows out air, but not full blast even on manual mode. After a few minutes and a slight whistle/puff, the AC comes full blast. It cuts in and out like this and only happened this summer. Any ideas?

Thanks for the support guys and gals.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 606 Likes on 514 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
Pulsating brake pedals are most of the time due to warped rotors. Did the dealer just swap brake pads or the rotors as well?
My running boards are oxidizing as well, I found NEVRDull to work for a short time but I think a proper aluminum-oxidization remedy may work better. Haven't tried the corrosion warranty path but that's genius.
AC - how long since you replaced your cabin air filters? The car is smart enough to know when they are becoming restricted and may dial back the performance of your hvac system to match.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350, GL320CDI
I had running boards replaced under warranty from manufacturer 2 times. Still same result oxidizing.