GL350 Problems Already...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL350, 2009 M3 Convertible, 2011 S65 AMG, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged
Unhappy GL350 Problems Already...

Hey everyone,

I got my 2011 GL350 in the beginning of June and love it. The dealership treats me like I am their top priority, however I am having issues with my GL lately.

Problems / Issues:

1) Now this is going to be the third time going back to the dealer, but the trunk has had this problem since the first day I have owned it. When I close the trunk from the outside with the button it will close and then it will pop back up again once it is closed. This is really annoying because by the time it pops up again I am already sitting in the car. So what should I do, this is going to be the 3rd time going back to the dealer to have it fixed and they still haven't fixed this issue yet Basically it closes and then pops up and beeps. My rear electric tailgate wont close. I've hit the close button and it goes all the way to close, sounds like it tries to lock, and then opens back up. I cant get it to close unless I want to manually push it shut which doesnt sound like a good idea. There are no mats or anything in the way.Ideas? Do you guys think that this could be considered a lemon problem if they don't fix it this time.

2) The second row rear seat squeaks badly on the left side behind the driver. The seat squeaks really baby upon acceleration and braking. When my son is sitting the back it squeaks very loudly. The seat has also been in going on the 3rd time. The last time it got a little better but it still squeaks very baldly

So what do you guys think should I transfer to a new dealership? Do you guys think I have a lemon. Do you guys have any suggestions for me to do to either the trunk of the seat please let me know. Please let me know as I am very upset as this is going to be the third time going back and forth to the dealership

Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 AM

2008 GL 320 CDI Black/Black
Originally Posted by BENZBMWAUDI
Hey everyone,

I got my 2011 GL350 in the beginning of June and love it. The dealership treats me like I am their top priority, however I am having issues with my GL lately.

Problems / Issues:

1) Now this is going to be the third time going back to the dealer, but the trunk has had this problem since the first day I have owned it. When I close the trunk from the outside with the button it will close and then it will pop back up again once it is closed. This is really annoying because by the time it pops up again I am already sitting in the car. So what should I do, this is going to be the 3rd time going back to the dealer to have it fixed and they still haven't fixed this issue yet Basically it closes and then pops up and beeps. My rear electric tailgate wont close. I've hit the close button and it goes all the way to close, sounds like it tries to lock, and then opens back up. I cant get it to close unless I want to manually push it shut which doesnt sound like a good idea. There are no mats or anything in the way.Ideas? Do you guys think that this could be considered a lemon problem if they don't fix it this time.

2) The second row rear seat squeaks badly on the left side behind the driver. The seat squeaks really baby upon acceleration and braking. When my son is sitting the back it squeaks very loudly. The seat has also been in going on the 3rd time. The last time it got a little better but it still squeaks very baldly

So what do you guys think should I transfer to a new dealership? Do you guys think I have a lemon. Do you guys have any suggestions for me to do to either the trunk of the seat please let me know. Please let me know as I am very upset as this is going to be the third time going back and forth to the dealership

Thanks
Try another dealer - you may be having the same guy each time...sometimes another eye on an issue is best. Seems like the hatch needs to be properly set - as it's not quite locking. The seat just needs to be tightened - probably a screw is not quite as tight as it could be. My passenger seat has that issue right now... Good luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
"lemon" because your seat squeaks and your trunk pops open?

no.

your trunk latch needs to be aligned and your seat needs to be lubed precisely where it squeaks.

take it to another dealer. at your current dealer you are getting the same guy that has gotten a tunnel vision about what to do about your nuisances (yes- that is what you have) and is ineffective.

good luck
Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Seat squeak can come from hinges. Spray some wd40 on the hinges. My NEW ML had annoying squeaks on takeoffs but no more squeaks.

As for power lift gate I would try another dealer.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM

2005 E320 CDI, 2007 GL 450
WD 40 is not a lubricant, it is penetrate. Keep it away from those hinges and use something proper there.

Originally Posted by KA8
Seat squeak can come from hinges. Spray some wd40 on the hinges. My NEW ML had annoying squeaks on takeoffs but no more squeaks.

As for power lift gate I would try another dealer.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 577 Likes on 486 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
Originally Posted by BENZBMWAUDI
Hey everyone,

Problems / Issues:

Thanks
Squeaks and tailgates that don't close properly do not a lemon make. For it to truly be a lemon, you have to demonstrate that it is an unsafe vehicle that in spite of repeated attempts by dealer to fix the fault, still is unsafe to drive.

Your problems are caused by a misaligned tailgate, and missing or mispositioned felt rubbing pads on the second row seat. Easy day.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
These are all minor issues that can be fixed by your dealer. don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Lemon laws vary by state

Originally Posted by Max Blast
Squeaks and tailgates that don't close properly do not a lemon make. For it to truly be a lemon, you have to demonstrate that it is an unsafe vehicle that in spite of repeated attempts by dealer to fix the fault, still is unsafe to drive.

Your problems are caused by a misaligned tailgate, and missing or mispositioned felt rubbing pads on the second row seat. Easy day.
Agree problems should be easy to fix.

NB Lemon laws vary per state, often the criteria are more opened ended such as the number of times the car was at the dealer overnight for the same problems.

Go to Secretary of State website for regs and forms, as a rule.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 199 Likes on 178 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by 50ae
WD 40 is not a lubricant, it is penetrate.
It's a water dispersant, actually. 40th formula was the charm.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:56 AM

GLK350, GL320CDI
I have the same problem with our GL 350 delivered in end of May 2011.
Have been to dealer 5 times already filmed in on my phone as well.
It is happenning less and less but still happens. Had trunk door adjusted and hinge mechanism replaced.
Even the lock button will not work and sometime the door will open and close couple times before staying shut but everytime they open back up it will be lower and lower.
You can close the door from driver seat no need to go back.
Problem is if somebody is walking behind the car and does not see the door open up again.
My feeling is that the door shuts really hard slams to the body of the car when this happens.