GLK Luggage Cover too short?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 200
GLK Luggage Cover too short?

Hi everyone,

I've just received my blue GLK 200 and so far I'm very happy.

Just one detail puzzles me: the luggage cover doesn't cover all the surface it should. Anyone surrounding the car can take a look and see what is kept inside in the luggage compartment through a space between the end of the cover and the rear glass.

Not possible to leave a laptop or stuff like that...

Does anyone notice the same problem? Any tips to solve it?

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
There are 2 different versions of the cargo cover. You've got the shorter one - order the longer one through the dealer.

Also, you're in the wrong forum and you double-posted.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 200
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
There are 2 different versions of the cargo cover. You've got the shorter one - order the longer one through the dealer.

Also, you're in the wrong forum and you double-posted.
First of all, let me apologize for the mistakes you've mentioned, though not sure what forum should I have used instead.

I'd like to thank your valuable response. I did not know that there were two different versions. The dealer first reaction when I noticed the problem was: this is a characteristic of the cover, we can do nothing.

So, I wonder what will be the reaction now. I'm in Europe and don't really know if I'll have the option to order a luggage cover here through the dealer. But I will check.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by travassost
I'd like to thank your valuable response. I did not know that there were two different versions. The dealer first reaction when I noticed the problem was: this is a characteristic of the cover, we can do nothing.
The original cover was too short. MB introduced a longer cover late last model year to address customer complaints. Your parts department should have two different parts listed.

GLK Forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class-x204-94/