GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

What is the Service D on dashboard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 450
What is the Service D on dashboard?

My Dashboard notified me about the Service D needed so i ventured down to the stealership to inquire about the service D. I was told that it is the most thorough service needed for GL450 at 60Kmiles. Then i was given the price for it of $2600, needless to say i needed a defribulator after that.

What is the Service D for the GL450 at 60k miles???
Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
Service at 60K (doesn't matter A, B, C, D, etc the dealer and the MB manual go by mileage and time interval since last service) should include spark plug replacement, brake fluid replacement, and of course oil, and fluids replacement, or top off, filters and an array of system checks. I am not sure if there is any airmatic related maintenance work to be done. Have you performed all other services as per the schedule? I am wondering if they are doing a transmission fluid replacement which was required at 39K.

You can take a look at your owners manual, it states all required and recommended services for your mileage. Given the high price they are quoting, I would ask for a breakdown of all the services showing all required, and all recommended services . Big difference between the two. In addition some dealers add dealer services on top and inflate the price. If you do some homework you just may not need that defibrillator...