GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Considering buying a 2013 GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GL450
Considering buying a 2013 GL450

I'm looking at buying a 2013 GL450 with just under 50K miles. A few questions for the experts on this forum:

1) At what miles are the big services coming up? Are they all big services?
2) The car itself looks and drives like it's in great condition to my untrained eye. Anything I should watch out for?
3) This is a CPO from a dealership, and they are asking for $55K. Seems high?
4) Should I pre-pay for a service contract?
5) What is the gas mileage I should expect out of this beast?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
I just bought a CPO from a dealership with 35K miles for $40K.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GL550
A few things to consider:

The mileage is high for a 2013! Someone has obviously has gone to town and back!

If I were buying one I'd buy one with a warranty left and much lesser miles. They are out there , you just need to weed though them. Any vehicle can be a PITA. These vehicles seem to be more prone to that category than others. Many people consider them over engineered. The Tele-matics are not I can tell you that for sure!

I'm not a fan of leasing as it's a rip off. It's more like renting long term. If you are OK with always having a payment than this is the way to go. Most people lease these marvels of engineering as they are always under warranty and they get a new ride every few years. I know many people that think that way. If the previous leaser kept up with the service and did not trash it. It would be a great buy for the someone looking to buy it. If seen leased vehicles too that were trashed and very little was done to keep it road worthy. Stay away from those as they are a rolling disaster waiting to happen!

Are you financing it through MB Financial? The reason I ask is you won't find a good rate because of the mileage. Unless you take those teaser rates from your bank or Credit Union and then you're limited to the term. One of the new ways to make money for banks in the used car market is the mileage. Data is being gathered and used to determine the money factor. Vehicle's with higher miles trend to command higher rates. Their rational is you'll get it fixed before making the payment. Sounds silly but true. Especially when out of warranty.

You should consider and extended warranty through the purchase as you won't find one that's inexpensive more like prohibitive.

If you buy it plan on keeping it for a good while. Once these go off warranty the price point plunges like a rock in water.

I've not even bought pre paid service contract. One would think they cover all the normal fluid changes, ect. Wearable items such as brake pads and rotors may not be covered as they are considered consumable items. Read what you're getting before you sign off. Others may chime in here and say more on this.