Automatic headlight sensor and squeaky front end

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 08:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Land Rover Discovery series I
Automatic headlight sensor and squeaky front end

Howdy, newbie here.
I'm quite happy to have found a place where DIY still exists.
I've read some posts, I like the attitude that we can fix it just as well as "they" can. I'm sure there are required trips to the dealer but I'd like to limit that.

I've got a new to me 2007 GL320 with 111k miles on it.
There is a MB modification sticker under the hood saying the hoses have been altered, I'm assuming the turbo hoses that people had trouble with. (See, I did read some)

My issue is the automatic light sensor seems innoperative according to the display. I'm gonna guess the sensor responsible is either part of the parktronic system on top of the dash or closely integrated. Suggestions?
My other issue is a squeaky front A-arm air strut/shock in the front drivers side. The selling dealer replaced both front and rear air shocks in order to inspect and sell vehicle. The front makes a creaking groaning sound when braking. I'm assuming it is suspension cycling or lateral stress on the lower A-arm.

Silicone spray? I don't want to degrade any bushings or air bladders.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Land Rover Discovery series I
I've also noticed while looking underneath that the passenger side outer cv boot has a hole allowing precious grease to escape. Grease looks quite fresh and I think it's a new issue but I want to get it fixed quickly. Suggestions? Split boot, whole shaft? Can the half shaft be pulled without realignment?