GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Airmatic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
gl 450
Airmatic?

I finally took your advice and solved my sagging left front corner by installing an Arnott strut. All was well for several months until after I got four new tires and my Airmatic compressor died because it ran the entire time my car was on the lift at the tire store. All four corners remained bottomed out until I installed a new Arnott compressor. Now, after several months of no issues my Airmatic compressor seems to want to run forever after I have turned the key off. To avoid another burned out compressor I removed 40 amp fuse # 108 which stopped the compressor and all seems well again. I couldn't care less about having a functional Airmatic system so long as all four corners stay where they are. My question is, will they? I will probably be able to answer that question myself after driving with the fuse removed for a few days but I hope one of you can make some suggeztions about this issue.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
gl450 530i
it will help for a few days but eventually youll need to reinstall to recalibrate it. did yiu replace the relay for the compressor if not that could be your issue