2009 GL320 Air Conditioning Shutting Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL320 Bluetec
2009 GL320 Air Conditioning Shutting Off

Hello!

I by no means am a mechanic so bear with me on the descriptions lol..

I have an '09 GL320 with an air conditioning issue. It seems to just shut off, meaning air is still blowing but at likely outside temps.

Things I have observed:
Can hear the blend door (is that right in this case?) closing or opening.
All indicator Light's on the console remain lit as normal. Sometimes Turing the system on and off will kick it back on other times no.
I removed the glove box and watched the "door" ( really like an arm on and motor in a black cylinder) open and close successfully several times by tapping the AC on/off button.

I am not certain how to ascertain if the console panel switch/button is taking a dump or something else?

While I had the glove box out of course it worked perfectly so I have not actually seen what happens when it clicks off on its own however the sound of the door closing is distinct so it appears to be just that, "switching off"

Anyone experience this or offer advice. I thought, hey just replace the button, nope whole control panel. So it's not an cheap try it option.

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-02-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GL320, 2008 CLK 350 Cab, 2004 CLK 320 Cab, 2010 BMW Z4
I'm having a similar issue as well.

A few months ago I replaced the compressor to fix the AC not working at all. After that, the AC has been working great but randomly the system will stop working and keep blowing hot air.

It's not very often but it happens for a while and then just start working again at a random interval.

Has anyone else had the blend door intermittently stop working?