GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

2007 GL320 CDI Hard to start Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL320 CDI Hard to start Please help!!!

Hello everyone. my 2007 gl320 cdi since the start of the winter has a hard time starting first thing in the morning, only after it has sat overnight. usually i have to attempt to start it 2-3 times before it finally starts. i always wait for the glow plugs indicator light to go off before attempting to start the engine. once it gets going throughout the day i have no issues at all, doesnt mater how many times i shut the engine off then on again. i did replace the fuel filter thinking that might be the issue but that did not make any different. there is no lack of power, however recently in reverse gear when im backing up slowly the engine sort of shutters like its going to stall, a quick tap on the accelerator fixes that, this issue has never happen in drive. i did test the glow plugs with a Ohm meter and they all are fine. there is no active engine light. im thinking it might be a fuel delivery issue....maybe the in tank fuel pump is not priming the fuel lines properly, but how would i know if thats the issue?

if anyone has any advice please let me know. thanks.

Last edited by muhibmc; 02-27-2018 at 03:08 PM.