GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Airmatic Help Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL550
Airmatic Help Needed

My wife‘s 2011 GL550 is killing me. In the last year, an independent shop replaced the rear air bags and compressor. I personally changed the front air struts with Arnotts about 4 months ago. All was well until last week when I had to replace the a/c compressor and rotated the wheels. Since then, the airmatic has a leak. Specifically, there is asymmetric leakage affecting all 4 corners. The passenger front bottoms out. The driver front and passenger rear drop 1/2 the way, and the driver rear stays put. When I unlock the doors, the system uses the reserve to inflate and level the car. When on, there is no constant use of the compressor. I don‘t have a OBD reader, so I can‘t run the airmatic diagnostics. In addition, I have recently gotten ABS warnings and a noise from the passenger front wheel, which is likely a failing wheel bearing. I love this vehicle, but the maintenance is killing me. It only has 92K miles. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:07 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Your front pass leaks. Arnott has lifetime warranty. Check with soapy water the hose where it enters the top of the shock and if it doesn’t leak from there - replace shock. The other shocks are most likely alright.