GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

EGR valve problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes gl320
EGR valve problem

Hi. I have a 2007 GL 320. It had a new turbo actuator fitted a few months ago. Driving the car from the garage, it still had s problem with low power/not revving enough. It went back showing an egr valve fault. A new one was fitted and the car was ok......for about 10 mins then it started playing up again. When the car is started from cold, it’s fine for anything from 5-30 mins then the problem starts: hesitation in hear change, won’t rev over 2000rpm, won’t change down on hills and changes up far too soon. It’s been back to the garage numerous times to no avail. Sadly they have given up on it. Can anyone shed any light on the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Old 12-03-2018, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 240 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
There's many people on this forum more knowledgeable than me, but it sounds like, possibly, there could be multiple things going on? Could there also be transmission issues? Does anything have to be "reset" after the work you had done?

If it was me, I'd take it to a shop that is well versed in Merc's and has the proper computer system (I think it's called STAR) to read the information... and of course someone that KNOWS how to properly read/interpret that info. This doesn't mean that you HAVE to go to an MB dealer as there are certainly very good Indy's out there - but going to a MB dealer is "easy"... just a little more expensive. But sometimes they can be less expensive if they can diagnose/fix quicker.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2013 GL550, 2013 GL450 (sold), 2010 GL350 (sold)
Originally Posted by Leigh Whyte
Hi. I have a 2007 GL 320. It had a new turbo actuator fitted a few months ago. Driving the car from the garage, it still had s problem with low power/not revving enough. It went back showing an egr valve fault. A new one was fitted and the car was ok......for about 10 mins then it started playing up again. When the car is started from cold, it’s fine for anything from 5-30 mins then the problem starts: hesitation in hear change, won’t rev over 2000rpm, won’t change down on hills and changes up far too soon. It’s been back to the garage numerous times to no avail. Sadly they have given up on it. Can anyone shed any light on the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Delete EGR via ECU tune. Enjoy. (only if you don't live in a state that requires emissions testing).
The following users liked this post:
eric_in_sd (12-21-2018)