GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Windshield wipers stay upright after engine shutoff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
Windshield wipers stay upright after engine shutoff

During rain while the wiper blades are working if I stop and shut off the motor of my 2011 GL450, the wiper blades will not finish wiping and park themselves at bottom of windshield but instead they will just stop at the exact spot they were on the windshield when I turned the motor off. I don稚 think this is normal is it? I知 wondering if it is a fuse issue because I am also experiencing an issue with my left blind spot sensor being way too sensitive showing me the red triangle on my left rear view mirror way too often unnecessarily like when I知 near a guardrail which is an entire lane away . I知 told wipers and blind spot sensors share a fuse. Can someone provide opinion or advice please? I would think if the fuse is blown none would be working. Would these be unrelated? Thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by aggst1
During rain while the wiper blades are working if I stop and shut off the motor of my 2011 GL450, the wiper blades will not finish wiping and park themselves at bottom of windshield but instead they will just stop at the exact spot they were on the windshield when I turned the motor off. I don稚 think this is normal is it? I知 wondering if it is a fuse issue because I am also experiencing an issue with my left blind spot sensor being way too sensitive showing me the red triangle on my left rear view mirror way too often unnecessarily like when I知 near a guardrail which is an entire lane away . I知 told wipers and blind spot sensors share a fuse. Can someone provide opinion or advice please? I would think if the fuse is blown none would be working. Would these be unrelated? Thanks
wipers are normal. Other cars do this too.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
On mine the wipers go (if not on rain sensing - intermittent) until I open the door, then they stop wherever they happen to be and do not 'park'.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:56 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by aggst1
normal.