GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

GL 320 charging/ schematics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2019 | 12:24 AM

2009 gl320
GL 320 charging/ schematics

Hey all! 2009GL320. Moved cross country back in November-January timeframe. Left my GL320 at my sisters house in Lousiana(November), only to go pick it up in January to find out that my niece had accidentally left the sunroof open for 3 months.(rain, rain, rain). After drying out the interior, I had to jump it to get it started. Ran like a sewing machine for about 10 minutes then got a (no charge) warning light, followed abruptly by the car dying. I replaced the alternator and battery(it was old anyway), fired it up and it ran great for about 20 minutes, car died again. Hooked up my charger on trickle and left it.(I'm driving 3 hours on weekends to fix it). Came back a week later and battery was sitting at like 2 volts or so. I took the charger off and used my truck to jump it, got it running for about 1 minute, but it was running REALLY rough, then it died and I had clearly smokechecked something..lol…. I got it trailered and hauled it back to my house. Now, if I hook my charger up to the posts under the hood, the charger won't even read that its connected to a battery(my charger will not operate unless it recognizes a battery-yes I hooked it up to known good system and charger is fine). I disconnected the + cable junction under the hood and tried charging 1 at a time thinking maybe 1 of them was shorted(no joy). I read each + for short and they both seem fine. Now i'm looking for schematics and/or suggestions. I'm pretty confident my battery is garbage at this point, but I know thats not my root problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.