error code 6001 the supply voltage of the control unit is too low

and 5539 One or more signals sent from the N51 control unit

could soe one help

control unit
Old 02-28-2020, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 574 Likes on 483 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
These are all stored codes, meaning they have happened in the past. Under voltage events are typically caused by a dead or dying main battery, or a short somewhere in the connectors or wiring. The latter can be caused by water intrusion.

Are there any current codes?

the camshaft one is standard for your cars age, it’s typically pointing to one of the camshaft magnets needing replacement if they occur with regularity.

I recommend clearing all the codes and see which ones come back or stay current. Then that’d be your go do list.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Originally Posted by Max Blast
These are all stored codes, meaning they have happened in the past. Under voltage events are typically caused by a dead or dying main battery, or a short somewhere in the connectors or wiring. The latter can be caused by water intrusion.

the camshaft one is standard for your cars age, it’s typically pointing to one of the camshaft magnets needing replacement if they occur with regularity.

I recommend clearing all the codes and see which ones come back or stay current. Then that’d be your go do list.
Thank you, Max, for your quick response, I did order the camshaft magnet for bank1. One thing I forgot to mention is the car won't rise its stuck in the low position will clearing the code putting in a new Battery reset that? Also I will reset the codes as well see if they comeback
Old 02-29-2020, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RMcWilliams
Thank you, Max, for your quick response, I did order the camshaft magnet for bank1. One thing I forgot to mention is the car won't rise its stuck in the low position will clearing the code putting in a new Battery reset that? Also I will reset the codes as well see if they comeback
if you have physical manifestations that correspond with a code, stored or current you have an issue. Airmatic doesn’t work and you have a code - I’d start with checking all fuses and connections. if nothing found replace airmatic compressor relay. Have your battery tested before you decide to replace it. Check for water intrusion in the spare tire area around the passenger side d-pillar, as well as in the battery compartment under the passenger front seat.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2006 ML500, 2008 ML350
Originally Posted by Max Blast

I know I'm in the wrong forum - But I came across this thread in search of a solution. I ended up with a dead battery due to prolonged parking. Backup camera... not working after recharge. How would you recognize if a code is stored one or new, I get 6001 code too even on a fully charged battery. Be glad if you would guide me to get the camera up and running again. Thanks Max Blast
Old 09-10-2020, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If it’s not an x164 I don’t know what help I can provide.

in general, low battery conditions create undervoltages and have in some instances burned out wheel speed sensors when the new battery is installed. The same may be possible for your camera, I don’t know.

current codes are flagged with a capital F in the mb Star / das reader, I don’t know how generic code readers differentiate that from a stored code (lowercase f).
The following 2 users liked this post by Max Blast:
anavabi (09-10-2020), BlackML550 (01-26-2024)