Call for data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 10:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2011 GL350
Call for data

Hello All

I am still battling my check engine like and my 13AF00 (MB code) P2463 (generic OBD) code. "The soot content of the diesel particulate filter is too high"
My thoughts are that my CVV (crankcase vent valve) was stuck open (I have replaced that) and was feeding oil vapors into the turbo inlet, and all the thru the system essentially into the exhaust. In addition, I had a cracked air intake tube (the stupid tube was close to 400) that was leaking oil all over (I was worried I had to redo the oil cooler o-rings). Which then basically blocked the DPF.
I replaced the air intake tube/air filters and etc.
I have removed the DPF twice and getting good at it.. Once you have experience with this job not to hard at all.
I had it baked and blown out a Semi truck place. however, because its not 6 inches like a semi's DPF they couldn't properly blow. The truck ran better but I was seeing 6PSI of differential pressure using OBD Fusion APP and Bluetooth dongle (MB start didn't help here)
I removed it again, tried using Liquid Moly by pouring it into the cells, in the middle, the inlet and outlet and letting it sit for like 30 minutes. A lot came out but not as much as I would have thought. I used the Purge as well. There are 2 things I think should have done differently with the liquid moly
1. I should have done it in the car with the DPF warm (I am going to do this next)
2. I should have let it sit longer.

Now here is my request for help below.. There is a soot sensor which I am wondering if that is going bad or gone bad but I can't figure out how to get data from it.

Can someone give me numbers for
IDLE:
Exhaust Pressure 1
DPF Bank 1 Delta Pressure
DPF B1 inlet Temp
DPF B1 Outlet Temp
NOX sensor Bank 1 sensor 1
NOX sensor Bank 1 sensor 2

And maybe some numbers are cruising.

My biggest concern is the Pressure numbers I am seeing up to 20 to 40PSI of exhaust pressure that is concerning. But I don't know if that is Atmosphere + Boost? I am concerned that maybe my EGR valve is stuck open and causing issues (I am not getting an EGR code). I will keep working on this truck and hopefully, we all can benefit from my work.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK250
Soot sensor problem

I'm trying to gather a bunch of MB diesel owners in the US who've had to replace their soot particulate sensor at under 120,000 miles. In 2018, Mercedes Canada sent out a letter that extended the warranty on this part to 120,000 miles; probably forced by regulators there to do so. Obviously, Mercedes is well aware this is a defective part.

When my sensor failed at 81,500 (2014 GLK 250), I appealed to my dealer and Mercedes USA to cover this $980 fix (USA warranty expired at 80K), referring them to the extension in Canada. It did me little good as they refused.

There is one sure way to get MB to reimburse replacement costs on this sensor: having the NHTSA do the same thing that Canada did by compelling them to do so with a recall. If you would you be willing to sign onto a letter appealing to the NHTSA, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:43 PM

2011 GL350
I would be willing but I am not sure how to check the values on this sensor if it is even fault. I do have 140k miles on my truck so I do have a concern about it.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:39 PM

2011 GL350
SoI wanted to give a heads up on this topic.. 1. I never got any data from anyone else. 2. This data kind of hard to manage and make it relevant because my numbers were good. 3. If you have DPF cleaning whether you do yourself or have someone do it you must reset the adaptations else it will be for nothing and the code won't clear with any tool. 4. Cleaning DPF + Adaptations + code clear works.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 185 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Emissions equipment by federal law is warranted for 8 years/80k miles. That law isn’t going to be rewritten because Canada is different. If it lasts 80k miles, it’s by definition not defective.

And NHTSA is the agency concerned with highway safety, not emissions.