GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Command stereo radio not shutting down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2020 | 12:09 PM

gl450
Command stereo radio not shutting down

Hello comunity
I am new in this forum and desperate for a solution to my radio problem. i have an 07 gl450, currently the radio screen is blury and not showing any image just went blue/white lines. butons are working fine and manage to remember what butons to pres for radio. unfortunately a couple of weeks ago whenever i turn off the car, keys removed but the radio won't shut down, everythting else in the car is off but the radio and speakers remain on. Anyone having the same issue? currently I took the radio fuse off so that it doesnt drain the battery. Any help or comment is highly apreciated

GC
Old 09-26-2020 | 04:54 AM

'07 GL450
Given the symptoms described, it would seem that your Head Unit (HU) has an electrical issue (blurry screen).

Taking the unit apart and troubleshooting the circuit board is not a viable approach. I suggest replacing the HU or upgrading to an aftermarket alternative - search the forum for popular options.

Of course, if you know someone who also has an x164 (GL450), you could try swapping out the head units to confirm that the HU is the problem (but it seems pretty obvious to me).

Good Luck.