2009 GL 450 won’t start or shift out of parking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450, C Class
2009 GL 450 won’t start or shift out of parking

Hi everyone,

first time here. I few weeks ago I tried starting my GL and nothing will happen. Battery was goo and all, just it wasn’t starting or able to shift to push it out of the garage.
left for the holidays and tried again. By now the battery was dead. Called roadside assistance and took it to Mercedes Benz. Replaced battery, however, nothing came up on the diagnostic, no codes, no nothing. Vehicle started.

Took it home and now it won’t start again. thinking outside the box, I disconnect the battery and waited a few minutes and reconnected it. The vehicle starts and runs perfect. Just that once it seats around for a few hours/overnight it does it all over again.
reading around, I saw something about a sensor, a module, and others things.

has this happened to anyone before? And what was the issues? The fix?

I don’t want to take it to the dealer without known what is causing the issue. Already payed $600 to replaced a battery 😂
Old 01-24-2021, 10:17 PM

Gle350 (17), gl450 (10)
Thats strange. Normally, all cars do a diagnostic when you turn the key to the start position, before you engage ignition. Right around then you should see dash lights or errors on your dash screen. Have you been able to run a test using an ODB2 reader? Also, have you ever received a message on your dash regarding the Aux Battery? Its the secondary small battery within the main batteries compartment.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:30 PM

GL 450, C Class
Originally Posted by Ihatecarproblem
Thats strange. Normally, all cars do a diagnostic when you turn the key to the start position, before you engage ignition. Right around then you should see dash lights or errors on your dash screen. Have you been able to run a test using an ODB2 reader? Also, have you ever received a message on your dash regarding the Aux Battery? Its the secondary small battery within the main batteries compartment.

No messages when I start the vehicle. However, I do get a message occasionally about the SRS but not about the secondary battery.