GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

2008 mercedes-benz gl 320 cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2021 | 09:51 PM

2008 mercedes-benz gl 320
2008 mercedes-benz gl 320 cdi

So I started leaking oil about 2 months ago. Wasn’t bad just some drops. Lately I notice my steering seemed to wonder while driving on highway. After inspection I saw oil all over my rack and pinion. The bushings are dissolved causing steering to shift. I don’t see oil leaking in front by pulleys. It’s dripping from left side of engine and on right about mid ways of engine. Bottom of alternator is coved with oil. I’m told it’s either oil cooler or turbo. What do you’ll think
Old 03-19-2021 | 08:07 PM

GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by Lamont Clemons
I’m told it’s either oil cooler or turbo. What do you’ll think
Anyone buying a 10yr old European car and skips the $150 pre-purchase inspection is truly fearless - or fantastically wealthy. Find an independent Mercedes repair shop and take it to them for an estimate so you can at least learn about all the things that are issues.

Used diesel motor oil will be quite black and dirty. Used power steering fluid will be a dark translucent red or clear.

Power steering leaks will come from any joint in the Power Steering system and sometimes a crack in the power steering reservoir.

Oil leaks are typically going to come from a turbo oil feed line or a manifold gasket.