GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

override starts left msg ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2021 | 06:15 PM

GL350
Angry override starts left msg ?

NoX sensors and then an AdBlue issue has gotten me to the '12 starts left' message. Dealer says the recall replacement NoX sensors are not yet available and so we'd be paying to install sensors that would have to be pulled out in a few months and replaced free of charge. The aggravating bit is that the mechanic says none of this really matters, other than meeting emissions requirements. Is there a way to defeat the 12 starts message (you know, for off road use only)?
Old 04-15-2021 | 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now just one GL450 with EORP.
Originally Posted by gl350cd
NoX sensors and then an AdBlue issue has gotten me to the '12 starts left' message. Dealer says the recall replacement NoX sensors are not yet available and so we'd be paying to install sensors that would have to be pulled out in a few months and replaced free of charge. The aggravating bit is that the mechanic says none of this really matters, other than meeting emissions requirements. Is there a way to defeat the 12 starts message (you know, for off road use only)?
I wonder if DAS developer mode can remove that trash.
Old 04-15-2021 | 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Max Blast
I wonder if DAS developer mode can remove that trash.
If the counter runs out, and then sensors are replaced, there must be a way to reset the counter so the system can try again.

I bet any of the bidirectional tools, from DAS on down to the higher Autel units, can reset the counter.