GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

LIMP MOde X164 2012 GL350 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL350 Bluetec
Angry LIMP MOde X164 2012 GL350 Bluetec

Today my SUV went into Limp mode with check engine light, I tried to clear it but it is current status The error message i got is 124F00 Component 'Y27/9 (Left EGR/ARF positioner)' is faulty. So my question is where is this located and what is the problem. I cleared the Check engine light with scanner, but this Common Rail Diesel Injection fault does not go away and let my Turbo boost power.

Need help Please.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:39 PM

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
GL320 CDI
Unclear, since that doesn't look like a Mercedes specific code. Can you share which code reader you are using? It seems Mercedes uses specific codes that are not regular OBDII codes.

I found a post HERE on Mercedes-Benz club and sounds similar to the issues I had with swirl motor not functioning as well as a potential Turbo Actuator fault. Swirl motor is a butterfly valve and when it faults, luckily, it faults in fully open position - but that also throws the limp mode.

Please read my post. I had an
actuator issue with the same codes as you. I believe it's an error with the egr or swirl flaps even if it doesn't appear as the code.

Look for the green red and grey wires on both your swirl flap motor under the turbo and egr valve to the right of the turbo as you face the car, set your multimeter to measure resistance 10k setting usually does nicely.

Measure the pins on the swirl flap motor usually middle pins where the red/green and gray go, mine was around 1.4k.

Keeping the motor unplugged I inserted a 1.5k resistor between pins 2 and 3. I Then did the same for the EGR I believe these are pins 1 and 2 again green/red and gray wires, measure the pins on the motor, mine was around 2.1k so I used a 2.2k resistor.

If you don't match the resistance to your components you'll get a signal interrupted error code saved in the ecu.

This has stopped any misbehaviour by my turbo actuator and prevented limp home mode. You will get a egr exhaust pressure is too high fault and a possible check engine light lit, but the car will perform well and shouldn't go into limp mode. I believe once you get the EGR mapped out I.e duty set to 0% then the light will disappear or you can live with it.