GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

AC cooling issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2021 | 10:55 AM

2010 GL 450
Unhappy AC cooling issue

Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 GL 450 with 105k miles on it. I am pretty sure the HVAC system in it is all original. I have been running into cooling issues. I can start the car and let it sit in the garage and the AC will seem to be cooling. but the vent temp is only blowing around 62 degrees and that is with the dials set to max cold. I can pop the hood and check the LOW pressure line with my hand and it is hardly cool at all. it should be cold and sweating condensation. BTW, I am in Texas and the outside temp is well into the 90's when I am testing this. As soon as I start driving the car, it just starts blowing warm air from all the vents.

I have read that it might be the Climate Control unit, so I started there and ordered a replacement CCU and installed it. That did not fix the issue. I also have an Autel 4 OBD2 system scanner and when I run a full system scan it does not show any HVAC error information. I was thinking that I might have a short in the compressor but I am not seeing anything.

I ordered a new compressor and dryer unit for it. I guess the next step it swapping out the compressor.

If anyone has any ideas on this I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Chris