GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Star/Xentry on Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 09:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 GL350
Star/Xentry on Long Island

Looked at the TriState forum and it doesn't seem to have much activity; so my apologies if I am not allowed to post in this forum. Please delete if so.

Anyone have Star/Xentry on Long Island? I just need to see what specific codes are there. Currently ABS and Traction control on. Check Engine light came on last night and truck went into limp mode. Restarted truck and Check Engine light still on, but limp mode off. Ran fine for 2 more drives after that.

Generic reader shows both front ABS sensors and driver rear ABS sensor. I find it strange that 3 would simultaneously go bad. I have all 4 ABS sensors in hand. Replaced passenger front and plan to rescan after driving a while to reset to see if that wheel disappears.

Also has a NOx code, but no resolution. NOx seems strange as they were replaced less than 5-years ago, but could be.

I replaced the battery less than a year ago and question if the battery could be bad.

When I had limp and shifting issues previously, it turned out to be a loose ground cable. Hoping there isn't more and it's the conductor plate.

Anyway, anyone on Long Island have Star/Xentry? I'll happily compensate you for your time and reading the codes.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2021, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
there's a guy in Freeport LI has one he works on Mercedes "Jeffery"