OEM illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 02:26 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 GL550 | 2020 S560
OEM illuminated door sills

2010 GL550 132k miles.

I have a 2010 GL550 that came with illuminated front seat and passenger seat illuminated door sills. For reference, my door sills illuminated a blue color as for what I've read the newer sill illuminate white.

My front passenger door sill abruptly stopped working months ago. I ran a few tests by swapping the actual sill with the drivers side and when I plugged it in, the sill did not illuminate. So I ordered a factory used sill and I plugged it in on the passenger side and it did not illuminate once again. I then plugged in my new to me sill on the driver's side and it worked.

My next step is replacing the small black inverter box that powers the illuminated door sill. However, this is where I've run into problems locating and identifying a part number. I've searched numerous threads here and I've not gotten a clear answer. Can anyone help me identify the inverter box for the front passenger illuminated door sill? I can provide my VIN of needed, however when I looked at numerous genuine mercedes parts websites, it's not listed. This was an add on feature I believe but I do not have the code from the build sheet.

Attached I've provided pictures on my inverter AND pictures I've found on here and other websites of similar inverter boxes.

Any and all help/feedback is welcomed and as always thank you in advance.

My Inverter

My inverter

Photos I've located online similar to my inverter

Photos I've located online similar to my inverter

The following users liked this post:
machadosl (09-22-2021)