GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

MB Light Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2021 | 12:21 PM

01 E320
illuminated Star

Quick resume of how i did this....Easy enough to do...takes about 30 minutes...Start by removing the middle grill,.." you have to " or not risk breaking alot of tabs doing from top without removing....real easy though" ...just pop up 2 middle tabs with flat head connected to base and on the bottom theres 3 push tabs you have to push out all to remove....having grill in your hand with same flat head pop out all tabs and star pops out" " dont try twisting off""" because it wont twist off like other Mb models....the you get your star either Oem from dealer or from internet...mines was from internet so i had to " Modify " mines by breaking off all tabs on the Chrome plastic star "" ,..not the actual twisting cap with the Light but the Star bezel only and glue it on afterwards to fit...if not it wont go in beacuse of the tabs placement....after connecting it is real easy...as i previously did this on my R350 itsvthe same here....the light star will have only 2 cables....Red and Black ...the black you ground to side on tge Chasis" by unbolting any bolt,..slide it in..and close it back down.,,," now comes the fun part..."Open your Low Beam headlight cover cap..Pullout headlight harness and light bulb slightly to the side and you will notice 2 exposed wires, connecting to the lightbulb harness adapter...the 2 wires Colors are Brown and yellow...Grab your red colored cable from your star and lightly twist it into or merging those 2 together" ..Bingo ..now your Star turns on whenever your Headlights are on...any questions or clarifications comment Below....

Last edited by dwnsouf7; 11-17-2021 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2021 | 02:47 PM

2008 GL 450
Would you happen to have the link to which "star" you purchased for this mod? Seems to be a different models available...

Thank you!
Old 11-21-2021 | 04:07 PM

01 E320
Originally Posted by jimmyv13
Would you happen to have the link to which "star" you purchased for this mod? Seems to be a different models available...

Thank you!

The links always change because this part is sold in aftermarket but not really allowed,..but to easier find it by searching up ML350 or GL450 light Star