GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

AIRMATIC / NON ADS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2022 | 11:48 PM

GL550 / AMG GTS
AIRMATIC / NON ADS

Hey guys.
Not having a ton of luck on here, but one more question. 2007 gl450 with airmatic and NON ADS.... when I was setting the car up with xentry/das, I remember telling it that it had aitrmatic with ADS in a pull down menu... i thought was in central gateway. It was my error, it does not have ads, now I get the solenoid errors as it is expecting to see the dampeners on the strut which arent there.

I cannot for the life of me find where i tell it that it is not an ADS car..... anyone know where that is coded in xentry? I found in the gateway control "air suspension" and it is either fitted or not fitted...I turned it off at moment, that clears errors, and suspension is up.... not sure how long will stay up, and awkward most likely to drive around w xentry to raise when needed haha.

i just need to know where that darn menu is to select airmatic without ads....

thanks a ton!
Old 08-02-2022 | 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now just one GL450 with EORP.
Have you poked around in chassis ->airmatic under actual values or in developer mode (coding)?
Old 08-08-2022 | 09:53 PM

GL550 / AMG GTS
I looked everywhere and nearly gave up. Another member here, Peter aka "Benz Ninja" emailed me and fixed everything online for me. He didnt charge me to re code everything, and he even updated my xentry/das systems over the internet. I offered to pay and he said not needed, happy to help. I couldnt believe it. Anyway, not very often someone impresses me, but if anyone here really gets stumped, he was super and I cannot recommend enough. He found that my gateway wasnt coded correctly, and that is what was causing everything that was going on. Once he recoded it, it came to life. He even went in a recalibrated the air suspension, set it up, and now I am in good shape.

Bottom line here, the gateway module DID STOP airmatic from working correctly. Once coded correctly, all was good.
Old 08-09-2022 | 02:41 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
thank you