GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Towing a trailer - Level adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
GL320 2007
Towing a trailer - Level adjustment

This is a long shot, but has anyone got any ideas on how to raise the car when towing?

We do a bit of outback camping and when I'm towing a camping trailer, I can't adjust the cars level. I presume this is all part of the antisway safety stuff, but not so useful when I'm driving tracks. There are times I need the extra clearance.

My only idea at the moment is to pull the trailer fuse when I need to. I don't really need lights for daytime tracks, but may eventually need power to the trailer.
Old Today, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 599 Likes on 507 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
I think the answer is just unplug the trailer light connector when you need the increased clearance.

I don’t think the car is that smart that it knows it has weight back there unless there’s an electrical connection made, and reported by the rear Sam.
Old Today, 11:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes gl450
Originally Posted by Max Blast
I think the answer is just unplug the trailer light connector when you need the increased clearance.

I don’t think the car is that smart that it knows it has weight back there unless there’s an electrical connection made, and reported by the rear Sam.
You're probably right. But would it take that much intelligence to monitor the rear springs/air shock compression or pressure to assume there's extra weight?