GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Floormats, Cargo Liners, Backseat Liners etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GL450
I installed the canvasback liner this weekend. It's still cold around here so the tape isn't sticking well at all. Hopefully with time and warmer weather as Jim said it will improve.

The fit and color match are great though. I got the side panel liners as well which protect the carpet but not the leather armrests. The parts that protect the backs of the 2nd row seats even have cut outs for the car seat anchors, which I use on both sides. Well designed overall, but if the tape doesn't work out, not sure what I'll do to keep it from moving around.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by rmemory
I installed the canvasback liner this weekend. It's still cold around here so the tape isn't sticking well at all. Hopefully with time and warmer weather as Jim said it will improve.

The fit and color match are great though. I got the side panel liners as well which protect the carpet but not the leather armrests. The parts that protect the backs of the 2nd row seats even have cut outs for the car seat anchors, which I use on both sides. Well designed overall, but if the tape doesn't work out, not sure what I'll do to keep it from moving around.
Good luck with the tape..... I have yet to find a tape or adhesive material that sticks well to the plastic surfaces. ( have tried to use velcro stuff for various purposes...... adhesive gives up in about a day!)