GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Navigation Systems Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2013 | 10:20 AM

2013 GL450
Navigation Systems Question

I have searched around and have not found an answer to this question. Maybe some of you have had a similar question and have found a way.

With Mbrace you can send a destination or even a multipoint route to the GL using google maps. It is quite easy. The question is: Has anyone found a way to take what you plot on google maps and store it on the SD Memory Card? Then, bring the memory card to the GL and use the stored route or stored destination as information for navigation. I have yet to really dig into trying various experiments.

Anyway, regardless of what anyone else thinks of the value of Mbrace, for me this sending of routes or destination is the single feature I actually enjoy using. The rest so far I can do without or at least I don't see the value.

Is sending destinations to the car really worth over $200/year?

There you go...
Old 02-03-2013 | 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by Steve Maislin
I have searched around and have not found an answer to this question. Maybe some of you have had a similar question and have found a way.

With Mbrace you can send a destination or even a multipoint route to the GL using google maps. It is quite easy. The question is: Has anyone found a way to take what you plot on google maps and store it on the SD Memory Card? Then, bring the memory card to the GL and use the stored route or stored destination as information for navigation. I have yet to really dig into trying various experiments.

Anyway, regardless of what anyone else thinks of the value of Mbrace, for me this sending of routes or destination is the single feature I actually enjoy using. The rest so far I can do without or at least I don't see the value.

Is sending destinations to the car really worth over $200/year?

There you go...
I have Embrace in my 2011....... Did use it once to report a vehicle on fire on the NY Thruway once......the ability to download routing sounds like a plus, that and the vehicle diagnostics sound like worthwhile additions. I do not need most of the other stuff that embrace provides. That being said..... I will keep the basic level for emergency roadside communication if needed!