GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Caring for your GL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Caring for your GL

I've seen recommendations from several on the forum to protect your exterior finish using Einszett Glanz wax. I just ordered some to be ready for a car primping day on some reasonable nice spring day.

It got me to thinking about the interior. Does anyone have any recommendations for protectants for the leather? How about what to use on the wood/chrome/plastic parts?

Let's use this thread to share our experiences.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MBs
i personally really really like the mercedes leather care spray- it cleans, finishes and leaves a real nice, very light, pleasant fresh 'german' scent.

not sure about wood/plastic- i've used the same for all and it does a remarkable job- though now with satin wood i have no idea...

the mercedes cabin care product is nice too but i dont think it cleaned well and i didnt like it too much
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Glanzwax is a great sealer especially as a wipe-on/wipe-off product - I use a spray nano-carnuba on top every month - I am in the no-abrasive-polisher-mode for new MB's..

On interior dash/trim etc - believe it or not I use Meguiars Interior Detailer almost daily for the "newbies" in my showroom herd - no "greasy feel" and I don't like greasy feel at all - and it's quite affordable.

Mequiars Detailer can also be used for quick spot cleanup on the Leather.

I also use a lightly damp sponge with warm water-with-small-dollop-dishwasher-detergent-gel-mix for any general seat "wipe down - again lightly damp.

I use diluted Simple Green 1-part/8-10 parts water to srpay down carpet and rub clean with microfiber towel - you don't want to get that stuff on the vinyl trim.

Personally - for all my MB's I do a annual Leatherique treatment - which is best done on a warm sunny day - it's a product that always gives me amazing "natural look/feel" results - but a product where you need to follow directions since its counterintuitive- doesn't use a large amount really to do the interior