GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Hmm...Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013 | 10:27 PM

Ford
Hmm...Should I be worried?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help. Wondering your thoughts.

I ordered a GL350, should be arriving shortly. It actually appeared on the dealer's website. BUT, on the options section of the description it is missing items. The MSRP is correct.
Sales guy says he is fairly sure it will arrive as ordered.

So does the website sometimes get an incomplete 'download' of car information from MB? Is the MSRP or the Options correct?!?!?! I'll know for sure within seven days. (3rd row A/C was one of the options missing, and that's sort of required here in Arizona).

Thanks...
Old 04-04-2013 | 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
You're exictied about your truck - you have been "reasonable" - unless you have been calling every day (or 2X 3X a day.

Forget the website integration - salesman is a sales stooge - call your salesman and tell him to get his butt in gear and walk over to any desk with someone who has NetStar operations access - with last 7 digits of the VIN they can download pdf the "MSRP" sheet for your truck with the exact build options on that car - have them check the box before download called "Expand Optional Features" - from start to finish that literally takes less than 2 minutes - and that pdf can be emailed to you in a flash...

Now - what you can do to help is this - tell him you want to know 1st thing when it arrives - AND IMPORTANTLY you will give them ONE FULL DAY to make ready and MAKE IT PERFECT and that as your salesman he needs to CHECK IT PERSONALLY BEFORE YOU GET THERE.

Pushing to make ready because you are excited is not a good thing - this is a dealer who could care less about you since your truck is on the way..
Old 04-04-2013 | 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by gwjoeymed
Hi guys,

Thanks for the help. Wondering your thoughts.

I ordered a GL350, should be arriving shortly. It actually appeared on the dealer's website. BUT, on the options section of the description it is missing items. The MSRP is correct.
Sales guy says he is fairly sure it will arrive as ordered.

So does the website sometimes get an incomplete 'download' of car information from MB? Is the MSRP or the Options correct?!?!?! I'll know for sure within seven days. (3rd row A/C was one of the options missing, and that's sort of required here in Arizona).

Thanks...
Not to worry! The options that appear on those dealer website inventories are always "generic"....regardless of actual options ordered.
Old 04-04-2013 | 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
If MSRP is right, it is highly probable that your configuration is right. I wouldn't put any credence in the website, I've always found them to be terrible.
Old 04-04-2013 | 09:41 PM

Ford
You guys were correct

Follow up: My salesman emailed me a PDF with MSRP and car build as he had done in the past. This time the VIN area was actually filled in.
So the additions all look correct and it should be delivered as requested!

Thanks again...
Old 04-05-2013 | 12:46 AM

'13 MB GL350 BLUETEC, '10 MB E63 AMG, '95 MB S600, '84 MB 380 SEL
Originally Posted by gwjoeymed
Follow up: My salesman emailed me a PDF with MSRP and car build as he had done in the past. This time the VIN area was actually filled in.
So the additions all look correct and it should be delivered as requested!

Thanks again...
Good, one less worry while the wait continues. Hang in there, it's worth it!