GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Options I have ? about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2013 | 11:56 AM

2014 GL350 , 2010 Accord V6, 40' Monaco Dynasty RV, 1971 VW Convertable
Options I have ? about

What is the MB - Tex wrapped lower dash? My dealer has never sold one of these.

The Lane Assist package. Is it affected or beneficial when towing, like a boat? Or does the trailer affect it some how so its not accurate.

Rear air bags is a 0$ charge but wonder what they do?

Black MB Tex Interior should I get black headliner, Im opting for Pano roof

Thanks
Old 11-01-2013 | 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
wrapped lower dash puts the fabric (either MB-Tex or Leather) on more of the dash. It's a good look, I don't have it on mine, but I'd do it next time.

I'm not positive about lane assist, but I know that blind spot is disabled when towing. I don't think it would be much different with towing.

These are for the rear. There is some concern on air bags and children, so they make it an option. If you have young ones, you might want to do some research, otherwise I would get them. They were standard on the 2013.

Black headliner is a personal choice. My wife didn't like it because it made her feel like she was in a cave, others (including myself) like the feeling it provides. I don't have a black headliner.
Old 11-01-2013 | 08:01 PM

MBs
def get the wrapped dash- extra fabric/material stitched over lower dash and front door panels- looks very very nice.. i had it ordered on mine but was the only add on they couldnt get.. o well-- but im a fan of the wrapped dash..
lane assist- is a good option- though active lane assist- im not sure so i didnt get it

black headliner- i'm not a fan- if you'r getting pano roof- probably doesnt matter ..