GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

New '15 GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 - GL 550
Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
That's the first I've heard this, what's your source?

Here's the way I understand the models:

The V6 is a GL450 in the US, but is a GL400 elsewhere in the world.

GL350, GL550 and GL63 are the same around the world.
Hi Jim,

I remember reading it somewhere on this forum, anyway below are couple of links which talks about it, again it is not confirmed until its from Mercedes..

http://www.autocarhq.com/2016-merced...es-and-update/

http://2017bestcars.com/2016-mercede...ew-design.html

http://suvs2016.com/2016-mercedes-gl...ease-date.html
Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz GL450
Stay away from 2nd row easy fold option from GL models. below test is from another thread i posted at MB World.

My BIGGEST problem with 2nd row easy option is the Headrest. They are SUPER TERRIBLY designed headrests, where it only goes up and down, no other setting or adjustments. This creates a BIG problem for my average height adult daughter, where her head is not resting on the headrest instead elongated in mid-air. It is not a rocket science, but now I have to deal with this poorly designed headrest. Does anyone with GL 2nd row easy option has this problem with headrest? I would appreciate your experience and please share if there is any remedy to fix this issue, as dealer has not offered any help on it. I called MB and they referred back to Dealer.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:23 PM

Mercedes benz GL450
Stay away from GL 2nd row easy fold option. It has problems. See below text as posted at another thread.

I have had MANY problems with 2014 GL350 2nd row bench easy option, where the top portion folds but the actual bench will not fold, though front row will move forward to make room for the 2nd row bench. I took it to MB dealer twice and was told to have problems taken care of. But it didn’t so this time I took it back to dealer and complained hard. Dealer replaced the motor and problem still exists. Dealer called MB engineers and they decided to install a new frame while keeping the covers same. Will let you know how it works when I receive my GL350 back after using it for few days.

My BIGGEST problem with 2nd row easy option is the Headrest. They are SUPER TERRIBLY designed headrests, where it only goes up and down, no other setting or adjustments. This creates a BIG problem for my average height adult daughter, where her head is not resting on the headrest instead elongated in mid-air. It is not a rocket science, but now I have to deal with this poorly designed headrest. Does anyone with GL 2nd row easy option has this problem with headrest? I would appreciate your experience and please share if there is any remedy to fix this issue, as dealer has not offered any help on it. I called MB and they referred back to Dealer.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by gdsmart
Stay away from GL 2nd row easy fold option. It has problems. See below text as posted at another thread.
Not sure this needs to be posted everywhere, the single most viewed thread on this forum is about this very problem. 240 replies and >40,000 views.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:11 PM

2015 GL450, 2014 BMW 640 xDrive Convertible
Originally Posted by gdsmart

I have had MANY problems with 2014 GL350 2nd row bench easy option, where the top portion folds but the actual bench will not fold, though front row will move forward to make room for the 2nd row bench. I took it to MB dealer twice and was told to have problems taken care of. But it didn’t so this time I took it back to dealer and complained hard. Dealer replaced the motor and problem still exists. Dealer called MB engineers and they decided to install a new frame while keeping the covers same. Will let you know how it works when I receive my GL350 back after using it for few days.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...-headrest.html

This thread will answer all your questions regarding the 2nd row headrest.