GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

How much is it to maintain/service a GL from the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Audi A7 Prestige, 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL 550
How much is it to maintain/service a GL from the dealer?

Its almost been a year since I bought my GL550 which means it's all most time for its first service. So I'm asking to all owners of a 2013-Present GL, how much was your first service at the dealership? If you can't remember give me a rough estimate. I know one thing, it's not going to be cheap.

EDIT: Also, how much is service A, AB, B, C, and D? And when/what milage should they get those services?

Last edited by Lookin@Mercedes; 01-03-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 - GL 550
Originally Posted by Lookin@Mercedes
Its almost been a year since I bought my GL550 which means it's all most time for its first service. So I'm asking to all owners of a 2013-Present GL, how much was your first service at the dealership? If you can't remember give me a rough estimate. I know one thing, it's not going to be cheap.
I believe it would be Service A should be anywhere between $160 - $250 depending on the dealer the bigger the dealer the more the price (we gotta pay rite for their Free Coffee and Porters) Service is pretty much oil change and nothing else apart from a big list of CHECK CHECK which I doubt no one goes through that on a new car.

Anyway if its like $160 or $175 get it done at the dealer and then for future services you can buy the maintenance pack which is Service B/A/B that would be better bang for the buck......

But I would say if you know any indy service mechanic you get the service their too because Dealer Ship uses only 5W-30 oil where as if you go to Indy shop and if he allows you can do 0W-40 from Walmart for $50.00 (2 Jugs) so your cost of Filter and Oil should run you about $70.00 and you can give $50.00 for the oil change which would include all the CHECK CHECK infact a detail CHECK compare to the dealer.

Thats what I do because I need 0W-40 Mobil 1 in my truck......

Or other thought is you can negotiate with your dealer by supplying them your oil...

Thanks
Old 01-04-2016, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
GL550 - for by-the-book Mercedes 10k mile A service - "should" be about $325 + tax/fee's - with your VIN# in nand - you will need the last 8 of the VIN# - you can call your local dealer(s) in advance for quote - there should be no "surprises" at time of service.

At the same time you call - ask the Service Adviser working on the quote to check in NetStar if there are any outstanding campaign updates showing for your rig.

Going into your 20K service - call and get quote for 30K/3-service prepaid maintenance - which will not only take care of 20K/B-service + 30K-A service + 40K- B++ service which is B-Service w/extra 40K requirements - with that 3-pack for 20/30/40 you will save extra dough - a 4-pack for 10-20-30-40 you don't save as much as you-pay-10K/3-pack 20/30/40.

Any service pack must be purchased BEFORE checking in for service - once you checkin for service any purcahsed pack after checkin starts applying to the next service.

Make sure you register with VIN on the mbusa.com website under Owner's Section for "Mercedes Me" - that way as any official campaigns/recalls get you a email notice - OK things like that - and no spam.

Keep the beat !
Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
My service A was about $300 and this is for Bluetec. I think gasoline should be cheaper.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 BMW 550ix
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
GL550 - for by-the-book Mercedes 10k mile A service - "should" be about $325 + tax/fee's - with your VIN# in nand - you will need the last 8 of the VIN# - you can call your local dealer(s) in advance for quote - there should be no "surprises" at time of service.

At the same time you call - ask the Service Adviser working on the quote to check in NetStar if there are any outstanding campaign updates showing for your rig.

Going into your 20K service - call and get quote for 30K/3-service prepaid maintenance - which will not only take care of 20K/B-service + 30K-A service + 40K- B++ service which is B-Service w/extra 40K requirements - with that 3-pack for 20/30/40 you will save extra dough - a 4-pack for 10-20-30-40 you don't save as much as you-pay-10K/3-pack 20/30/40.

Any service pack must be purchased BEFORE checking in for service - once you checkin for service any purcahsed pack after checkin starts applying to the next service.

Make sure you register with VIN on the mbusa.com website under Owner's Section for "Mercedes Me" - that way as any official campaigns/recalls get you a email notice - OK things like that - and no spam.

Keep the beat !
Ok, this sounds very helpful. Just to be sure I understand:

My vehicle (GL450) is now over 10K and it has not yet been serviced at all. So I need the 10K service A, which I should pay for now *without* prepaying. Just schedule it and pay it. It's ~195.00 at my dealer.

When my vehicle gets to 20K miles, I will need the 20K service B. I should *prepay* this by getting a prepaid 3-pack *before* I schedule it because then it would cover a 20K service B, a 30K service A, and a 40K service B++.

And this is the best bang-for-buck on getting service done.

Is this correct?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Correct... if you plan to keep your rig 20K/30K/40K - then before checking in for the 20K service the 3-pack is your best bet.

The reason I say "if you plan tp keep your rig past 40K" on this strategy is that because Prepaid Maintenance is is non-refundable/non-transferable deal - the money goes up to Mercedes - which saves you the dough - but that Pre-Paid Maintenance money doesn't come back down.