GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Service B 40K Miles (Tran Oil Change)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017 | 06:40 PM

2015 - GL 550
Service B 40K Miles (Tran Oil Change)?

As per Mercedes manual they now recommend to change the Tran oil at 70K and in previous GL models it used to be 40K. I am at 20K miles now and was thinking to buy the 3 service pack, the local dealer mentioned they do the Tran Oil change at 40K miles when I mentioned the 70K story from the service manual he seemed to be confused.

Usually I do all my services which includes Cabin Filter\Air Filter\Oil Changes\Brake Fluid Changes etc because dealer uses 5W-30 where as I like to use 0W-40, but if it involves Tran Oil I let the Dealer do it as I felt it is too much of work with mess. So if the 40K service no more involves the Tran Oil change I rather not buy the packs now and buy it closer to Tran oil change.
Also in regards to above can I buy the 3 service packs at 50K miles if the Tranny change is at 70K? and I am assuming when I hit 70K my car would 5 year old so I might also be eligible for Coolant flush but again that is also a mystery if now they do the Coolant flush at 5 years or 7 years.

Too much confusion.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2017 | 08:24 PM

2014 GL350
My service stated the coolant is good for 15 years, but they test it at each service to see the cold weather rating to be sure. Sounds like a good deal to me, but I bet the radiator or engine would need replaced before 15 years is up, it is a MB after all ;-)

Originally Posted by Dreamszalone
As per Mercedes manual they now recommend to change the Tran oil at 70K and in previous GL models it used to be 40K. I am at 20K miles now and was thinking to buy the 3 service pack, the local dealer mentioned they do the Tran Oil change at 40K miles when I mentioned the 70K story from the service manual he seemed to be confused.

Usually I do all my services which includes Cabin Filter\Air Filter\Oil Changes\Brake Fluid Changes etc because dealer uses 5W-30 where as I like to use 0W-40, but if it involves Tran Oil I let the Dealer do it as I felt it is too much of work with mess. So if the 40K service no more involves the Tran Oil change I rather not buy the packs now and buy it closer to Tran oil change.
Also in regards to above can I buy the 3 service packs at 50K miles if the Tranny change is at 70K? and I am assuming when I hit 70K my car would 5 year old so I might also be eligible for Coolant flush but again that is also a mystery if now they do the Coolant flush at 5 years or 7 years.

Too much confusion.

Thanks