GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Another rear entertainment system question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Another rear entertainment system question

I have a 2013 GL350, how do I get the rear monitors to show DVD's without the remotes?

Note: I've done what seems to be the obvious, played a DVD from the front command unit and selected rear DVD on (something like that) on that screen and I've placed a DVD in the rear unit. Both attempts result in blank screens.

Last edited by DC-BENZ; 02-21-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 GL350
You would still need to turn on the monitors with the remote and then you can control them without using the remote via Command. What I do is:

1) Turn on monitors via remote
2) Pop the DVD in the front command unit
3) Activate the DVD feed to the rear monitors via the Command (Forgot what the actual terminology is called).

Note - The above only works if Command is selected as the source in the menu on each of the monitors. Each monitor is able to play a different source (Command, Aux, rear DVD player (which I think is referred to as DISC), etc)

Hope that helps
Old 02-26-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Ok, so you cannot (initially) operate the rear monitors without a remote control.

This weekend (after a road trip to a snowless ski cabin) I received a remote and 2 headphones in the mail. Does anyone know how to set up/link the headphones?

Originally Posted by yk0786
You would still need to turn on the monitors with the remote and then you can control them without using the remote via Command. What I do is:

1) Turn on monitors via remote
2) Pop the DVD in the front command unit
3) Activate the DVD feed to the rear monitors via the Command (Forgot what the actual terminology is called).

Note - The above only works if Command is selected as the source in the menu on each of the monitors. Each monitor is able to play a different source (Command, Aux, rear DVD player (which I think is referred to as DISC), etc)

Hope that helps