GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Please help. Watch Listen comments pls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350 BT ML350 BT
Please help. Watch Listen comments pls.

I love this forum and having been getting great info for years from here. I am now in a position where I need your help once again. I have read my symptoms on here and have come to a conclusions about my issues, but unfortunately I seem to be the only one that thinks my car has a problem. Your thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... the timing chain needs to be measured with a special MB dealer tool... that's the real "story" ...

Do what you got to do to make that happen...
Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350 BT ML350 BT
I actually got them to measure the chain after and they said it's in spec at 80. Was then told by service manager that even with chain in spec they do this noise and it's perfectly normal. Contacted a long time family friend who owns a specialty MB shop for the past 25+ and he said absolutly not normal and he has done this work before. He suggested I absolutely NOT drive the car as it's close to the warranty being over and to hold me stance demanding a fix.

What really gets gets me mad is the head mechanic telling me to my face that it's normal they do that. I said we'll if it's normal why does my wife's ml 350 BT not do it.? I keep saying that and they don't reply to that question and tell me to take my car.. I have now escalated this to MB Canada