GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

37K miles..class B service advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL550
37K miles..class B service advice?

taking my car in for some warranty items. I'm sure they're going to hit me up for the class B service. Do I really need to do that? I just had oil changed .
Old 05-09-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2002 C4 Cab, 2014 Audi A5 cab, 2017 X5 35d
It's impossible to get a straight and simple answer to your question from a MB dealer. The 40k service includes replacing several filters. Dealers speak in terms of 'recommended' service and subsequently charge you out the yingyang. Read the fine print in your manual and look the service manager in the eye and ask him for a straight answer to the question. "What service is REQUIRED in order to maintain the warranty".
Old 05-09-2017, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL550
Originally Posted by anothercar
It's impossible to get a straight and simple answer to your question from a MB dealer. The 40k service includes replacing several filters. Dealers speak in terms of 'recommended' service and subsequently charge you out the yingyang. Read the fine print in your manual and look the service manager in the eye and ask him for a straight answer to the question. "What service is REQUIRED in order to maintain the warranty".
well it goes out of warranty next Febuary so i think it can limp along till then! Lol
Old 05-12-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
on GLC300 #2 (GL350 before those)
Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
well it goes out of warranty next Febuary so i think it can limp along till then! Lol
That makes no sense. If your car is coming up on the 40000 mile mark and requires new filters at that point, particularly engine intake filterS (2), are you saying you won't do it because you only have eight months of warranty left?

Are you also too lazy to open up the manual to find out what things need to be done at what mileage points according to the chart in that book? It doesn't matter what the dealer tells you, what you need to do for maintenance is what the book states is required. It has nothing to do with mere warranty coverage only, and everything to do with preserving your vehicle in general and beyond the coverage period. Filters and fluids, including brake and trans, eventually need replacement.

You need not get the work done at the dealer, if that's what you're trying to avoid. Just keep your records showing that you did the work at the required intervals.