GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Seat Adjustment Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GLS63
Seat Adjustment Question

Hi all

I have a UK spec 2013 GL63 AMG and it has factory multi contour seats but I found out after purchase a couple of months back that this does not mean it has the seat side adjustment to make the base wider, which I thought it did.

Being an AMG the seat base side bolsters are high and I found the seat base width was too narrow so the seat side adjustment was an ideal solution but after 3 attempts to clarify with Mercedes Benz it turns out I don't have it, no explanation as to why, just that I don't

Anyway, during a recent visit to my local MB dealer I spent some time with a new GLS 350 in the showroom and found that the front multi contour seats fitted in that vehicle had another adjustment I don't seem to be able to make, the seat cushion length actually raised as it extended out whereas mine extends out but flat with the rest of the base so I don't really feel the benefit in the backs of my legs because they don't contact it much at all whereas the GLS was able to tuck under my legs with a raised and extended cushion.

Anyone with a seat option that has this can tell me how its adjusted please? I expect it will be another option that it doesn't have which is really surprising since it has the highest spec seat option available for it at the point of original build according to the sales literature I have?

It also doesn't have the dynamic seats or balance function for heat distribution, guess all this came later or something?

Thanks

Carl