GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

maxpider floor mats

Old 12-14-2017, 10:33 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
GLC300 (GL350-gone)
maxpider floor mats

I have no affiliation, but I believe these carpet style Maxpider mats are so effective and pleasant (aside from the 3D logo). Lightweight, waterproof, cushion soft under foot (unlike the hard, noisy industrial plastic used by Weathertech) and entirely effective. Here's a load after yesterday's big snow event and then the dry, clean floor underneath after I took the mat out to drain - it was way too cold to evaporate that much water in place, even in the garage, so I just removed and leaned the mat upside down against a box so it could drain and dry overnight. Residual dirt easily cleans off with a rinse or a little soapy water, rinse and let dry. I use them all year; the factory mats offer nice brown contrast for this color interior, but they offer relatively little coverage. These contain even dry messes and entirely cover the dead pedal (unlike Weathertech).

Old 12-15-2017, 06:53 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
2023 Maybach GLS600, 2023 Bentley Bentayga, 2023 Genesis GV60, 2017 AMG GLS63
Nice. The OEM MB all-weather mats, which I think they source from Weathertech, are crap. They curl, don’t fit well, slide around (in the middle row), and are hard to clean. I’d prefer real rubber mats like Lexus use.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
MB GL450
Thanks for posting this. I was about to pull the trigger on Weathertech rubber mats. These look way better and now I know they work
Old 03-06-2018, 06:12 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
GLC300 (GL350-gone)
Mats holding up all winter, FYI.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
I first purchased Maxpider floor liners in Dec, 2014 for my old S600. I've had Weathertech's before and had the usual complaints about them being super slippery when wet and the liners sliding around if the car didn't have mat anchors to hold them in place.

I liked the Maxpider's so much that I just left them in year round. They are super light and much easier to remove and clean than the Weathertech's. They grip the carpet, even if you don't have anchors to hold them in place and they stop your feet from sliding around even when they are wet or slushy. The rubber surface will show wear after several years of use (really only on the driver side under when your heal always sits), but they'll last longer than any carpeted floor mat. I've since purchased them for my wife's Odyssey and for my GL 550. The only thing that they are missing is the large cargo mat, which I find to be disappointing that they don't offer it.

I would highly recommend that you get the black floor liners, even if you have a light colored interior. Their looks hold up better than the tan & gray and they are easier to clean as you won't see the staining that happens with all floor liners of lighter colors. The black contrasting with the lighter colored carpet doesn't look bad at all. And they are significantly cheaper than Weathertech liners.