GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Mercedes-Benz GL450 4matic SUV 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 GL 4matic
Mercedes-Benz GL450 4matic SUV 2007

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the MBWorld Site Happy Holiday Season. I'd like your thoughts on the 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 4matic SUV Gasoline Version. Thank you
Old 12-16-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GL450
On GL 450, 2007. It is a great car, as long as it was taken good care of. Look for good maintenance history in lieu of mileage. I hear a vehicle used as a fleet car previously is likely to be well maintained since the company that owned it most likely followed the Mercedes recommended serving and maintenance. The car is durable and maintains the pristine look after so many years of exposure to the elements. It drives like the monster it is; be ready for 20MPG or less.

It comes with a million and one settings, including things like convenience unlocking and exiting.

Plenty of space with seating for 7 full adults. The third row folds inwards and forwards to give room to a massive cargo area. The passenger seat even automatically and fancily moves forward to allow the third row seat to lie flat.

It is a very fastidious car, with dash warnings for everything including the glove box compartment light, or a very specific thing such as the 'right license plate light not working'. Mercedes does not expect you to do or change anything in the car, and will include, in each warning light, the need to drive to the nearest Certified Mercedes Benz workshop. That scares a few people.

You also have to get used to unique Mercedes 'things', like 'standing lights' and missing rear fog light on the passenger side (the only thing I had to replace, only that I did not have to!).

The cruise control switch is a bit annoying initially, because it is located right where the turn signal should be. But you get used to it after a while. I also don't like the position of the gear switch and of course, being a 2007 model, you have to make do with a pixellated navigation.

Otherwise, I would buy 10 of these and park them side by side and admire them the whole day!

Last edited by amerc; 12-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:06 PM

450 GL 4matic
Thank you Amerc.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,078 Likes on 865 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Post in the correct forum and you will get more responses.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164-77/
Old 12-18-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 GL550 4Matic
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Post in the correct forum and you will get more responses.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164-77/
BlownV8 is correct about the location of where you should have posted this. This is for the new generation GL's. However, I hope that you enjoy your new to you GL!
Old 12-18-2017, 05:16 PM

GL 450
Originally Posted by amerc
On GL 450, 2007. It is a great car, as long as it was taken good care of. Look for good maintenance history in lieu of mileage. I hear a vehicle used as a fleet car previously is likely to be well maintained since the company that owned it most likely followed the Mercedes recommended serving and maintenance. The car is durable and maintains the pristine look after so many years of exposure to the elements. It drives like the monster it is; be ready for 20MPG or less.

It comes with a million and one settings, including things like convenience unlocking and exiting.

Plenty of space with seating for 7 full adults. The third row folds inwards and forwards to give room to a massive cargo area. The passenger seat even automatically and fancily moves forward to allow the third row seat to lie flat.

It is a very fastidious car, with dash warnings for everything including the glove box compartment light, or a very specific thing such as the 'right license plate light not working'. Mercedes does not expect you to do or change anything in the car, and will include, in each warning light, the need to drive to the nearest Certified Mercedes Benz workshop. That scares a few people.

You also have to get used to unique Mercedes 'things', like 'standing lights' and missing rear fog light on the passenger side (the only thing I had to replace, only that I did not have to!).

The cruise control switch is a bit annoying initially, because it is located right where the turn signal should be. But you get used to it after a while. I also don't like the position of the gear switch and of course, being a 2007 model, you have to make do with a pixellated navigation.

Otherwise, I would buy 10 of these and park them side by side and admire them the whole day!
Amerc... You need to make writing vehicle reviews your primary means of earning an income. You're pretty good. I feel like driving the previous model GL now.