GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Anyone selling a right hand side turbo waste gate vacuum actuator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 550
Anyone selling a right hand side turbo waste gate vacuum actuator

Hello everyone!
I am currently rebuilding a 2014 GL 550 with the m278 engine (TT v-8) and it looks like the turbo waste gate actuator for the car has been dented. I am looking to replace just that part since turbo is fine and obviously the new turbo replacement is very expensive. Any help is appreciated I talked to the dealer and they said they don't sell it separately. Any advise on this issue since I really can't afford to drop another few grand for the turbo. I know that this turbo is not welded on, it's just held on by a bracket and a few bolts and nuts. Do you think that I could use a aftermarket waste gate?
Old 12-31-2017, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
mgLipGD
Originally Posted by zabi z
Hello everyone!
I am currently rebuilding a 2014 GL 550 with the m278 engine (TT v-8) and it looks like the turbo waste gate actuator for the car has been dented. I am looking to replace just that part since turbo is fine and obviously the new turbo replacement is very expensive. Any help is appreciated I talked to the dealer and they said they don't sell it separately. Any advise on this issue since I really can't afford to drop another few grand for the turbo. I know that this turbo is not welded on, it's just held on by a bracket and a few bolts and nuts. Do you think that I could use a aftermarket waste gate?
not able to answer but FYI last I checked the 63 turbos are cheaper than the 550 turbos and bolt right up