MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GL Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166-173/)
-   -   Considering this CPO GL450 (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166/696151-considering-cpo-gl450.html)

DaveW68 01-23-2018 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by DC-BENZ (Post 7364492)
I agree, I'd get a 550 if I didn't care about gas mileage. I too would add an ecu flash to get things moving along.

BTW, the Honda Pilot I'm talking about is the one that came out in 2016. The others don't remind me of any model year GL.

I'm was thinking more of the 1st gen Pilot from 2003 to 2008. I don't think the new Pilot's look anything like the GL.

kombifan 01-23-2018 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW68 (Post 7364515)
I'm was thinking more of the 1st gen Pilot from 2003 to 2008. I don't think the new Pilot's look anything like the GL.

Montana mb

Would you consider a diesel?...
It really has some rare options.
Split view. Night assist
Heated rear seat. Leather.

Harmon kardon and lighting and blindspot

But no idea if it has the rear climate control.

Looks like it's enthusiast owned too with the extended warranty.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1126/overview/

MNMBbuyer 01-23-2018 08:58 PM

Kombi, another nice option, emailed seller will let you know!

Thank you

DaveW68 01-23-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by kombifan (Post 7364775)

Montana mb

Would you consider a diesel?...
It really has some rare options.
Split view. Night assist
Heated rear seat. Leather.

Harmon kardon and lighting and blindspot

But no idea if it has the rear climate control.

Looks like it's enthusiast owned too with the extended warranty.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1126/overview/

Seems a bit over-priced for the lowest model in the lineup.

Also, the guy is adding features that don't exist on that truck....such as night view assist and split screen. Who knows what else he's made up in the list of features.

kombifan 01-23-2018 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW68 (Post 7364820)
Seems a bit over-priced for the lowest model in the lineup.

Also, the guy is adding features that don't exist on that truck....such as night view assist and split screen. Who knows what else he's made up in the list of features.

Dave. Stop being a dick.

You look silly.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...rder-guide.pdf

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...sist-plus.html

DaveW68 01-23-2018 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by kombifan (Post 7364843)

Dave. Stop being a dick.

You look silly.

:rolf:

DaveW68 01-23-2018 11:09 PM

Show me a GL.....any GL that exists in the US with any kind of functioning split view. I won't believe it until I see any kind of video of it actually in action. I've been told by 2 MB service departments that the option code exists on some spec sheets, but they are not coded on at the factory for US GL's. And then you can go on the search for the unicorn Night Vision in a GL. And if you do capture than unicorn, please show me how it could possibly be considered an effective tool with the only possible place to have a screen for it being in COMAND in the middle of the dash. I had it on my S600, which was right in the middle of the gauge cluster with much less eye movement from the road....and can say with certainty that it is only a gimmick to show off to your friends....and not an effective tool at spotting things in the distance. A complete waste of money if you special order it.

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 12:51 AM

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 11:11 AM

Looking late last night, seems over priced to me??

http://www.formulaoneimports.com/veh...nc-id-22006797

jlim 01-24-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MNMBbuyer (Post 7365253)
Looking late last night, seems over priced to me??

http://www.formulaoneimports.com/veh...nc-id-22006797

For a 2013 GL450, it may be overpriced. But this is a GL550. Considering the original MSRP was $92k, and now it is at $45k with quite low miles 35k considering it is almost a 6 yr old car. I am just not sure how it is still in warranty considering it was in service since 10/26/2012. Original warranty is 4yr/50k and it is way past the 4 years though seller says it has remaining original factory warranty.

DaveW68 01-24-2018 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by jlim (Post 7365536)
For a 2013 GL450, it may be overpriced. But this is a GL550. Considering the original MSRP was $92k, and now it is at $45k with quite low miles 35k considering it is almost a 6 yr old car. I am just not sure how it is still in warranty considering it was in service since 10/26/2012. Original warranty is 4yr/50k and it is way past the 4 years though seller says it has remaining original factory warranty.

Agreed....it is outside of factory warranty....unless the previous owner purchased it CPO and there is remaining coverage. The price seems OK....but not great considering the limited options. I paid around the same price for mine a month ago with 40k miles, but the MSRP on mine was $103k. I think he can likely get it for $2-3k less than current asking price. IMO, this truck is a much better option than a 2015 GL450 with similar miles.

kombifan 01-24-2018 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW68 (Post 7365550)
Agreed....it is outside of factory warranty....unless the previous owner purchased it CPO and there is remaining coverage. The price seems OK....but not great considering the limited options. I paid around the same price for mine a month ago with 40k miles, but the MSRP on mine was $103k. I think he can likely get it for $2-3k less than current asking price. IMO, this truck is a much better option than a 2015 GL450 with similar miles.

I had the same doubts about the warranty.
It's highly unlikely the car is still in the factory warranty when they blatantly talk about aftermarket coverage.

Also....it has less than 10k a year.....which is strange. I don't like cars that tend to sit....

Lastly...last red flag.
The sellers site loves to talk about its financing options.......

Which means he's making more on the back end of the sale which usually means he doesn't care about the condition of the car.

I posted a 550 earlier in one of my posts. It's. 2015 with 33k selling at 53$k

Also the one you posted didn't have the rear seat entertainment...I thought you were keen on that?

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 05:00 PM

Would like to know where Dave picked up his for 40k when the marp was over 100k! Rear entertainment is nice but would buy without.seems like 550 is where I am heading. Appreciate your help!

DaveW68 01-24-2018 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by MNMBbuyer (Post 7365607)
Would like to know where Dave picked up his for 40k when the marp was over 100k! Rear entertainment is nice but would buy without.seems like 550 is where I am heading. Appreciate your help!

I paid $45k at a Benz dealer. Well technically, I paid around $43k since the dealer gave me about $2k more than trade value on my S600. It was a fair price, but I didn't steal it from them. Fortunately the dealer had just put on brand new tires all around at a cost of around $1400. And I purchased an after-market warranty which the dealer sold at a loss of $1400 from their buy cost. It's all about negotiating the best deal you can. There is definitely room to negotiate on that 2013 GL 550. It has a beautiful exterior color....but I've never been keen on light colored interiors since they are so hard to keep looking clean.

DC-BENZ 01-24-2018 07:26 PM

Someone from Bethesda would consider a tune on a 550!?. What is the world coming to? :)

Originally Posted by kombifan (Post 7364501)

I agree with the consensus about the gl550.

V8, ventilated seats, massage and multicontour seats and more importantly the ads system which will be awesome in the city with potholes.

Honestly that ads system is amazing. We test drove a gls550 recently and the power is quite amazing plus the potential power to be unlocked from a tune.
Also.....we were able to hit speed bumps at twice the speed of our own gl450 in our neighborhood in the gls550 and the 550 just floated over them...the 450 wallows.

Plus they are easier to find than a 450 with the right options.
I posted a link with the 550 for I think $48k
Other 550s might be worth a look.

LOL Honda pilot. Our neighbor has one and they're popular in Bethesda.....but I wouldn't really compare how they look the same.

DC-BENZ 01-24-2018 07:31 PM

I found a GL350 with all the options that I have plus Night Vision 2 months after I purchased my GL. I was pissed.

Originally Posted by DaveW68 (Post 7364931)
Show me a GL.....any GL that exists in the US with any kind of functioning split view. I won't believe it until I see any kind of video of it actually in action. I've been told by 2 MB service departments that the option code exists on some spec sheets, but they are not coded on at the factory for US GL's. And then you can go on the search for the unicorn Night Vision in a GL. And if you do capture than unicorn, please show me how it could possibly be considered an effective tool with the only possible place to have a screen for it being in COMAND in the middle of the dash. I had it on my S600, which was right in the middle of the gauge cluster with much less eye movement from the road....and can say with certainty that it is only a gimmick to show off to your friends....and not an effective tool at spotting things in the distance. A complete waste of money if you special order it.

kombifan 01-24-2018 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by DC-BENZ (Post 7365707)
Someone from Bethesda would consider a tune on a 550!?. What is the world coming to? :)

Haha 😬🤫 don't tell euro....

Tbh....I would consider a tune on your diesel too!

Those diesels are nice.....🤤

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 08:07 PM

I hope you all are happy with yourselves....you've convinced me to go to the 550. My new problem is I can't find deals as good as Dave W (around 43-45K) all I can find are very high 40's into the 50's and dont need to pay that....will keep looking!

kombifan 01-24-2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by MNMBbuyer (Post 7365740)
I hope you all are happy with yourselves....you've convinced me to go to the 550. My new problem is I can't find deals as good as Dave W (around 43-45K) all I can find are very high 40's into the 50's and dont need to pay that....will keep looking!

Here's one.

And cpo and DVDs

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3304/overview/

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 09:06 PM

Nice, contacted dealer. Did I read correctly, that the 550 from 2013-15 basically the same? No reason to be concerned about a 5 Yr old vehicle with little mileage vs newer with more mileage? Have really learned a ton here guys, thank you, I'm sure I'll be asking more.

kombifan 01-24-2018 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MNMBbuyer (Post 7365787)
Nice, contacted dealer. Did I read correctly, that the 550 from 2013-15 basically the same? No reason to be concerned about a 5 Yr old vehicle with little mileage vs newer with more mileage? Have really learned a ton here guys, thank you, I'm sure I'll be asking more.

Considering its a cpo wirh the cpo warranty there is less to worry about....but still plenty to check.

It seems to have driven 10k in less than a month according to the carfax....soooo...theres that.

I would check all the basics to be sure. Tires, brakes, service history. And if anything is out of order mention it.
Sometimes reconditioning hasn't been done as to the detail as it should be.

And this.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...-warranty.html

There is a tsb so if it does ever occur you should be covered.

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 09:45 PM

Kombi, read those posts what should I take from it?

kombifan 01-24-2018 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by MNMBbuyer (Post 7365833)
Kombi, read those posts what should I take from it?

I think the "I" fell off on it's way between MN and here.

Hmm.

1. Well I would check the service history to check if the rotors have been replaced already with the superseded part numbers. Most of the 2013 gl550 in the forum posts I read saw the problem early and had them replaced before or around 30k

2. If you do end up purchasing the vehicle, and it does happen (the vibration) . You have the knowledge and the information to go in prepared with the correct superseded part numbers and tsb to hopefully get the repair covered under warranty.

3. If it doesn't get covered, or if you never experience the issue.
No worries. Brakes and rotors will wear out and I really like the ebc sport rotors that I put on front and rear paired with akebono pads...
They should.wprk out better than oem..but that's just an opinion.

The best place to check the service history is at any Mercedes Benz dealer. They can look up the service history of any mb by Vin if it has been serviced by any dealer.

MNMBbuyer 01-24-2018 10:25 PM

That's how I read your information very thorough. thank you.

fabbrisd1 01-25-2018 12:40 AM

Well - you guys sure get along - on your Lunar Blue GL550 - not necessarily a "big" thing - but the CarFax does not show the Mercedes service dates - in April 2015 VMI/Mercedes shows service that may have involved front end non-major front end collision - at that time it was improperly entered as 119,691 miles - and later some other misc incorrect mileage entries from service - that levels out later - someone "hoovered" the entry mistakes from uploading to CarFax - good news - yes - CPO with 4new tires