GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Pillar Trim Removal Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
AMG GLS63
Pillar Trim Removal Help

Hi all

Im going to start the swap out of my light grey headliner for factory black (either cloth or dynamica depending on costs) on my 2013 GL63 and the dealer is asking silly money to change the pillar trims initially, even if I buy the parts from them so can anyone help me with instructions and pictures ideally please?

Trims being swapped as phase 1 of the swap are A, B, C, D pillar and the trims around the glass in the tailgate.

Obviously some of these have airbags and others have seat belts so I dont want to just go for it but I felt the £500 GBP the dealer wants to change these parts would be better spent on the headliner and electrical parts that need changing to match the black.

Ive looked at custom trimming and its the same cost really so Im thinking genuine parts from Mercedes at this point, plug and play.

Thanks

Carl
Old 07-06-2018, 02:20 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
AMG GLS63
Bump

Can anyone give me any pointers, i think each piece may be fixed with a bolt aswell as push clips so Im nervous of just prying at them with trim removal tools only to deform them

Just looking for a few tips and advice about how much strip down is needed to get the C & D pillars out if anyones done this please?

Thanks

Carl
Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL-550
Pillar trim removal

Carl, did you ever get any help with this? I’m in the same boat with mine and don’t want to damage anything.

thanks
Greg